cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Touch Haptic Feedbacks - Issues

Welby
Adventurer
Hi there.

I'm trying to achieve a simple and small haptic feedback similar to those used in the Toybox experience when you click on the clock to pop-up the menu.

Now the problem is i'm weirdly not able to have any kind of haptic at all. The documentation is a little bit weak and reductive on haptics in my opinion and so far i've just find an useful thread that seems to tell me more or less how to use haptic feedbacks which is this: https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/comment/472910#Comment_472910

The problem is that if i use that code Unity 5.4 crash.. 

So any idea how could i achieve haptic feedbacks in Unity 5.4? 
2 REPLIES 2

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
The problem is that if i use that code Unity 5.4 crash..

Unity 5.4 should absolutely work. Can you share details from the crash? I assume it happens with a Windows standalone player. Can you provide <appname>_Data/output_log.txt?

Welby
Adventurer
Sorry to reply so late.I have updated my Unity version to Unity 5.6 and i hadn't any issues at all with haptic feedbacks now. They works as expected and the previous code just don't crash anymore. I guess it was important to underline that i was still using an old unity 5.4 beta version instead of the stable one,i guess that was the issue.

Everything is fine now on 5.6b4

Thanks you for your support