cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup doesn't recognize CV1 Headset HDMI but Windows' Device Manager does.

lvrma
Honored Guest
Hey guys,

Title says everything. I've just connected my Rift to my Alienware 17 laptop (which has passed the Rift minimum requirements test), and the setup recognizes the Headset USB and Sensor USB, but the Headset HDMI is not recognized. That said, Device Manager shows the "Rift" under displays. I've tried updating the firmware and NVIDIA drivers, and rebooting, but nothing works. The HDMI port works normally with other devices. The system is Windows 10 64 bits.

So, since my computer recognizes the Rift HDMI as a display, what can I do to make the Oculus Setup recognize it too?

I've attached a screenshot to show what I mean:

2 REPLIES 2

Dragonfrost
Protege
For some reason my Rift gets identified as a "Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub" and doesn't appear under monitors, don't know if this is normal

lvrma
Honored Guest

For some reason my Rift gets identified as a "Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub" and doesn't appear under monitors, don't know if this is normal

Yeah it seems it's not supposed to show as a monitor. Also, just a while ago it worked perfectly out of nowhere, demos, games, everything.
But then I got stuck in a loading screen after like half an hour (black with hourglass in the corner) and pressed Beta -> Reboot. When I did that, it stopped working again.
I'm inclined to think this is a software issue now...