cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Dead? Popular YouTuber "Francis" thinks so

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer

BOOGIE2988 aka "Francis" declares Oculus as dead in his latest video post. This concerned me for the future of my beloved HMD so I thought I would share this for discussion with our little community. Does he have inside info or is this just another one of his tirades?  I've only had my Rift since last June and I just can't get behind buying one of the "Other" HMD's on the market unless I have no choice. Say it ain't So Zuck?

174 REPLIES 174

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
For every single action Oculus or Facebook has ever taken,
whether technical, organizational, or political... the predictions of
"literal death" begin.

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/487556/#Comment_487556

So is this guy being serious or satirical? I can't handle watching him speak for some reason 😘

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
I'm not sure.. hence my concern lol. I guess I'm too old to recognize the difference.

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
is it true that oculus has not sold any Oculus Rifts at all lately?

Im not entirely sure.  Ive watched that guy before in his angry persona videos which are interesting and when he is normal like this than he seems nice but.  I suppose we would need to fact check it.  I hope this isnt the case because I invested quite some time and money into the Rift

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Actually it is pure misinformation based on his own personal interpretation of the Zenimax case. I assume he never bothered to read the actually case facts. He is clearly not as concerned with details as he is with a box of donuts.

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
 well he did reply "Right on, have fun" to my comment that I'm going to enjoy playing my Rift + Touch until the doors at Oculus are closed. In this video he says Zenimax is pursuing halting sales of the Rift. Is that true? He then says he doesn't think Rifts are selling and declares them "dead in the water" and suggests that new HMD buyers "go with a Vive for a Gaming PC". How is a lawsuit a fail? It seems to me most of this is his opinion that could potentially be misconstrued as fact to his nearly 4 million viewers. IMO If Oculus is dying he is cheering from the sidelines and playing a death march.

brackus1
Protege
Oculus is far from dead.  You don't drop 2 billion dollars on something and walk away from it because you hit a bump in the road.  I hope Facebook appeals the court decision until Zenimax is bankrupt.

loregnum
Adventurer
I know they'll be a dead company to me in the future if they can't ever fix their multi sensor tracking issues.

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
Agreed.   Oculus is far from dead.   I think that people are now starting to get into vr gaming.   Hell I just bought my rift last week.   And a few more of my friends are picking up a vr set as well.   This just takes time.   And really.   It's pretty expensive hobby. 
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee

Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛