cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus CameraRig tracking position.. need some help

negatronix
Explorer
Hi,

I am working on an FPS title and need some help figuring out how to keep the OVR Camera Rig on the players shoulders. I am aware that the tracking position can be turned off via the OVRmanager, however this is not really what I want. What I'd like to know is how or where I can adjust how far the Camera Rig can move from it's origin. This will allow me to limit moving the camera outside of the players collision capsule and through walls etc... but still allow for the ability to peek around corners and such and also prevent the environment from "pushing" as the player naturally moves his head slightly.

I'd like to be able to expose a way to adjust it in the inspector as I may need different setups etc.. However if there is a way just to hard code it instead that would be fine to. Basically the idea is that I want to limit how far the camera can be moved away from the players shoulders.

Any help with this would be awesome!
Thanks,
-Kory

1 REPLY 1

negatronix
Explorer
So I figured out how to reduce the distance that the camera can move from it's origin on the player model, but also need to scale down the tracking space. It seems that the tracking space may pass through an object in turn causing the camera to appear to clip. This does not happen with the positional tracking turned off in the OVRmanager. Any ideas anyone..? Anyone know where the tracking space size is defined?

Thanks!
-Kory