/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Collision Between Objects

SuzitSuzit Posts: 6
Virtual Boy (or Girl)
I'm holding one object in each hand, objects are rigidbody collider. When i try to collide each other, there is no collision between each other(objects), but when i poke with one object to other which is stationary or lying on ground the collision works fine. I want same effect when holding in both hands. Is it possible?

Comments

• weasel47weasel47 Posts: 297
    Nexus 6
    If the rigidbodies are kinematic, they will not respond (in terms of movement) to collisions.  You should look into attaching them to the hands with joints. You'll want invisible kinematic rigidbodies that do move with the hands, and then the objects (which should not be kinematic) can be attached to those with joints. 
  • imperativityimperativity Posts: 977 Oculus Staff
    Hi,

We need some more info about this to help you. Are you using OVRGrabber?
  • SuzitSuzit Posts: 6
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    It ain't working 
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    @imperativity...yup, i'm using ovrGrabber
  • imperativityimperativity Posts: 977 Oculus Staff
    edited March 20

@Suzit

OVRGrabber makes the Rigidbody components kinematic when you pick them up so they only follow your hand movement. You could rewrite the script to use a joint instead of parenting.

Virtual Boy (or Girl)

@Suzit

OVRGrabber makes the Rigidbody components kinematic when you pick them up so they only follow your hand movement. You could rewrite the script to use a joint instead of parenting.

Thanks mahn!! will look into it.
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    edited March 22
    weasel47 said:
    @Suzit

If the rigidbodies are kinematic, they will not respond (in terms of movement) to collisions.  You should look into attaching them to the hands with joints. You'll want invisible kinematic rigidbodies that do move with the hands, and then the objects (which should not be kinematic) can be attached to those with joints. 

Thanks mahn1