/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

OculusRiftSplash - using DeltaRotation causing crashes in UE v4.15

Gunfire_JackHGunfire_JackH Posts: 4
Virtual Boy (or Girl)
edited March 14 in PC Development
We didn't see this issue until upgrading to v4.15.
The splash will flicker and output will flood with the following messages until oom:

LogHMD: Allocated a new swap texture set
LogHMD: Freeing textureSet 

Looks like every time the transform rotation is set inside FOculusRiftSplash::Tick it frees the textureset.

I've tried setting up the splash in blueprint using AddLoadingSplashScreen and by using the Oculus.Splash.Settings engine config.  Both give the same results as soon as I give it a DeltaRotation.

Please advise.  TY.

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 536 Oculus Staff
    Hi,

Welcome to the Oculus Forums.

I am currently looking into this issue and will update you when I have more information to share.
  • owenwpowenwp Posts: 638
    Art3mis
    In my experience this has always happened intermittently in Unreal when you have more than one layer set to rotate at a time.  There seems to be a race condition of some kind that causes problems if there are too many layer updates per frame during loading.
    Sanzaru - Programmer
  • Gunfire_JackHGunfire_JackH Posts: 4
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Hi,

Welcome to the Oculus Forums.

I am currently looking into this issue and will update you when I have more information to share.
    TY.  Have you been able to repro this?
    Hi,

We have not gotten around to reproducing this yet.

When we do, I will have an update for you.

Thanks for your patience in this matter.

FYI:

I have word that the splash screen is being completely redone for 4.16 in GitHub builds and in 4.17 for UE4 main.

It will be a layer refactor.
  • Gunfire_JackHGunfire_JackH Posts: 4
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    FYI:

I have word that the splash screen is being completely redone for 4.16 in GitHub builds and in 4.17 for UE4 main.

It will be a layer refactor.
    Ouch.  We ship this fall and need time for some testing haha.  If you can find out what we could do locally to make this work, please let us know.  TY!