/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus Mobile SDK 1.5.0 Released (March 15th 2017)

imperativityimperativity Posts: 977 Oculus Staff
edited March 15 in Mobile Development

Oculus Mobile SDK 1.5.0

This document provides an overview of new features, improvements, and fixes included in the latest version of the Oculus Mobile SDK.

The Mobile SDK includes libraries, tools, and resources for native development for Gear VR. If you are planning to work primarily in Unity or Unreal, in most cases it is not necessary to download the Mobile SDK.

For more information, see our Mobile SDK Developer Guide.

For details on migrating to Mobile SDK 1.5.0 from previous versions, see Mobile SDK Migration Guide.

This version adds support for the Samsung Gear VR Controller.

Note: With release 1.5.0, the Mobile SDK versioning scheme has changed to MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH.

New Features

• Added support for Gear VR Controller.
  • Added VrController sample illustrating VrApi Input API.

API Changes

• Added VrApi Input API for Gear VR Controller and Gear VR headset. For more information, see VrApi Input API in our Developer Guide.
  • Added ovrFrameLayerFlags flag for clipping fragments outside the layer's TextureRect: VRAPI_FRAME_LAYER_FLAG_CLIP_TO_TEXTURE_RECT.
  • Removed deprecated ovrLayerType.
  • Removed deprecated ovrFrameFlags.

Comments

• volcorevolcore Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Nice!

Small blocker: I'm getting an ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE error when trying to download from the developer.oculus.com -> Build page.

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 977 Oculus Staff
    @volcore

It works on our end. Are you still having issues at this time?
  • raptorvrraptorvr Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    It still does not work. for 1.5.0 the link seems to be an internal facebook link:

https://interncache-lla.fbcdn.net/t63.5769-7/10000000_1330804497013202_4491775827217743872_n.zip/ovr_sdk_mobile_1.5.0.zip

for other versions (eg. 1.0.4) it was very different:

https://static.oculus.com/sdk-downloads/ovr_sdk_mobile_1.0.4.zip

I think somehow an internal link ended up on the public page?
  • motorsepmotorsep Posts: 1,074
    Nexus 6
    Is this version of SDK coming to UE 4.16 (Epic launcher version) ?
  • leenauleenau Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Also not working for me:  https://interncache-prn.fbcdn.net/t63.5769-7/10000000_1330804497013202_4491775827217743872_n.zip/ovr_sdk_mobile_1.5.0.zip

This site can’t be reached

interncache-prn.fbcdn.net took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
    Sorry guys, I will have this looked at immediately.
    @leenau

Can you try the download link now and confirm it works on your end?

Thanks.
  • leenauleenau Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    @imperativity   After a shift-reload (force uncached reload) in my browser, the download worked, thanks!
    @leenau

Thanks for getting back to me. Glad to hear!
  • volcorevolcore Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Confirmed fixed from my side as well. Thanks!
  • drashdrash Posts: 2,805
    Trinity
    I'm currently trying to weigh whether to wait for Gear VR controller support to release an app.

So, when I see this:
    "This version adds support for the Samsung Gear VR Controller."

I would like to know if there a corresponding Oculus Utilities for Unity coming out with this support, or if it is already covered by the OVRInput class etc.

Here's my app's current set up, appreciate your thoughts on how the app will do compatibility-wise etc.
    Unity v5.3.7p3, Oculus Utilities v1.10.0, OVRPlugin v1.10.0, SDK v1.0.4.0.

Thanks for your time!
    TitansOfSpacePlus_CoverArt_VRLandscape5_60p.png
  • craveirocraveiro Posts: 10
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    edited March 31
    drash said:
    I'm currently trying to weigh whether to wait for Gear VR controller support to release an app.

So, when I see this:
    "This version adds support for the Samsung Gear VR Controller."

I would like to know if there a corresponding Oculus Utilities for Unity coming out with this support, or if it is already covered by the OVRInput class etc.

Here's my app's current set up, appreciate your thoughts on how the app will do compatibility-wise etc.
    Unity v5.3.7p3, Oculus Utilities v1.10.0, OVRPlugin v1.10.0, SDK v1.0.4.0.

Thanks for your time!
    I'd really like to know this, as well. I think I read somewhere that there is Gear VR controller support in Unity v5.5.2p3?
  • wavrwavr Posts: 3
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    We're developing native, using the VrApi only, have no controllers attached, and there's a noticeably performance drop in this update on most devices. We upgraded from 1.0.4 to 1.5.0. Is this to be expected?