/ Forums
Applications are now open to attend this year's Oculus Connect. Join us October 11–12 and be first in line for an inside look at what’s new and next for VR.

Oculus Connect 4: Speaker Preview

We've revealed some of the Oculus speakers who'll present at Oculus Connect 4 this year! Click here to learn more.
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Alpha channel+platform integration - nougat vs marshmallow issue

mallmagicianmallmagician Posts: 259
Art3mis
Hi all,

I asked my brother to test my alpha build of my game. 

It has platform integration in it, to check entitlements and stream to Facebook which works well.  

Here's the problem:-

When I launch it(marshmallow),  I can look around the opening menu no problem, and can launch the game no bother, and stream and all that jazz.

My brother... (s7 nougat) gets a crash when looking around the menu screen.  He can stream fine and if he quickly launches from the menu into a level, all is fine. It's just the menu screen where if he looks around, after a few seconds it crashes to home. He thinks it's to do with his head moving.  

Any ideas? Help. I'm somewhat deflated and hope it's just a box I've not ticked somewhere. 

Comments

• mallmagicianmallmagician Posts: 259
    Art3mis
    Fixed it.  An error on a script in the menu - didn't cause issues on MM but did on Nougat.  TIL - Don't ignore errors no matter how inconsequential.
  • mallmagicianmallmagician Posts: 259
    Art3mis
    Made all the more fun by the fact that making a debug apk and having him run that - fixed the problem - making the log useless.  no debug scripts - broke.  hehe.