cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not add email adress as New test user

bchaps
Explorer
Hello Oculus community,

I could not up this topic : https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/43357/cannot-add-test-users
Maybe is it too old ? Nevermind

I always added users by ID, it was working fine, UNTIL NOW.

Today, to add a new user to a test project, i quote :

"As of 14 mars 2017, all users
must be added by email address instead of username."

Ok, so i start adding 2 users by email adress:
xxx.fr@gmail.com
xxx.it@gmail.com

with
xxx the name of my test account. the first account is correctly added,
BUT the second one (with ".it" ) give me the same exact error as the old Topic:

"Sorry, we couldn't locate the user that you
were looking for."

Is there any explaination ?

Thank you for help.

4 REPLIES 4

dreatern
Protege
I have posted here before about people not receiving test invites.
First I thought it was a problem with hormail or yahoo you can see it here. https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/51323/alpha-channel-email-invitations-not-working-for-hotmail

So my friends said they never received email from oculus.
Even when they created the account, they never received the confirmation email and when they buy something, they receive nothing.

Both has ( . ) or ( _ ) like xxxx_xxxx@hotmail.com or xxxx.xxxx@yahoo.com.br

So the friend with hotmail did a test and created a new account with a email without special character.
He received the confirmation email and the test invite that I sent.

dreatern
Protege

@dreatern

I'm glad you were able to find a work around for this. I will bring this to the attention of the platform team to look into this further. Thanks!

Just to update, I have tried to sent an invite again to two more people with mail xxxxx.xxxxx@hotmail.com (both hotmail.com) and again they have not received the oculus email inviting to the alpha channel. 

It seems that there really is a problem with emails containing ( . ), ( _ ), ( - ) in the middle.
According to these people, they never received email from Oculus  

I will create an email like that and an Oculus account to test because I don't know how people have email filters set up.  But only these with characters in the middle don't receive the invitation, 4 people so far (1 @yahoo.com.br and 3 @hotmail.com)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems this may still be a problem, currently seeing this for a corporate email address with a ( - ) in the middle. The email in question has an Oculus ID associated with it.

Any update?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, we have the same issue 😕 any updates? this is a serious issue, we cannot invite users to private channels! we are getting the following "Sorry, we couldn't locate the user that you were looking for."