New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Demo Versions?

AVOlightAVOlight Posts: 23
Brain Burst

Is there a place for making feature requests for the Oculus Platform SDK?

I'd really like to offer a demo version that uses the exact same build as the full version, and I simply limit functionality by doing something similar to an entitlement check.

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 1,439 Oculus Staff
    edited April 21
    Yes, you can make suggestions about features in the corresponding developer forum category and we will make a note of it and pass along this information.

In regards to your current suggestion, this is already implemented and allowed on the Oculus Store platform.

There are two ways to achieve this: the preferred way is to use IAP in your application and provide a way for your users to buy the full version of your demo within the app itself. See the documentation here (the IAP flag would be of the 'consumable' type):

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/platform/latest/concepts/dg-iap/

The other way is to submit two separate builds to the Oculus Store: one being the limited-functionality demo and the other the full, paid game. But, in practice, it has been found that IAP is more effective in this regard given the completely separate nature of having two builds on two different pages within the Oculus Store.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

• AVOlightAVOlight Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    edited April 22
    Thank you for the information. I'd really like to go with the IAP model you've mentioned, is there a way to do this for someone that has just launched at full price.

What is the recommendation if there's no internet access to check the purchase of the full version?
    Is there a way to handle it like the entitlement check does?
  • imperativityimperativity Posts: 1,439 Oculus Staff
    edited April 28
    @AVOlight

Yes---you can always add IAP after having launched your application. You may also contact the store submissions team to change pricing at any time to reflect your IAP model, ie: paid->free and vice versa.

You always need internet access to utilize the oculus store and in fact this is a major part of it---to ensure entitlement checks are valid and the applications themselves are allowed to be used by the oculus ID in question (that the users has, in fact, paid for the app).
  • AVOlightAVOlight Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    @imperativity Thank you again for the information :)