/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Post-process using Oculus SDK with OpenGL. Windows 10 & VS 2015

physaphysa Posts: 1
Virtual Boy (or Girl)
I am doing a work that retrieve the frame content (pixel values) and modify them.

The application is developed on OculusRoomTiny(GL) sample. I add some post-process code using cuda which I success in non-VR platform, but there I find it's difficult to add into the framwork of sample.

So where or when should I do the change of frame content?

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 684 Oculus Staff
    Hi,

I am currently looking into this issue and will advise you on what next steps need to be taken.

Thanks for your patience.
  • imperativityimperativity Posts: 684 Oculus Staff
    I have some feedback for you regarding the feasibility of this from our engineering team:

"The cuda work would have to be synchronized with the GL rendering work. I personally don't know how easy it is to interop cuda with GL, but I'd imagine NVidia already has the facilities to do this. First the cuda program would fence on the GL rendering, and since the Oculus SDK expects that the texture is only used by GL, there would have to be another fence on the texture to make sure the cuda work is done before the buffer is finally submitted to our SDK via the ovr_CommitTextureSwapChain call which is followed by the ovr_SubmitFrame call.
    That's really all I can say, and personally I don't think cuda is really the tool to use here. If they used a compute shader in GL, that'd be way easier since the fencing would be taken care of automatically."