cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was subtitle support removed from Oculus Video?

GeddesJ
Honored Guest
I'm not a gamer, but I enjoy watching movies on the Gear VR, however having a hearing impairment makes it quite difficult to hear properly so I depend on subtitles to understand the movies. The Oculus Video app prior to this recent update, satisfied my needs perfectly, so it was a tremendous shock for me after allowing the updates to find a different interface; which actually is quite nice, and NO SUPPORT FOR SUBTITLES!!!.
Please tell me that this was an oversight or mistake or whatever you wish to call it and that there is another update to restore the feature in a few days at the least, or whether I have to look elsewhere to find a video player for the Gear VR that supports subtitles.
I would appreciate a comment from anyone who can help.
Much thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

Okpalm77
Honored Guest
Still no subtitle support. 

GeddesJ
Honored Guest
Still no satisfactory solution has been achieved as yet. I say "satisfactory" because of the 5 movies I have, only one shows subtitles even though all the subtitles are the same .SRT format, and in the same folder.
Is there some instructions to properly set up things so I can have the subtitles in the VR for all my movies? 
I can see the movies on the s7edge using the VLC Player without any problems. Why can't I have the same enjoyment using Oculus video app???
I will appreciate any help with this problem.
Much thank.
P.S. can I please have a link, a file or whatever to reinstall the old Oculus  video player? The one that worked!

cybereality
Grand Champion
We are currently working on this. If you convert the videos at the moment you load them you will lose subtitles. Try selecting "no" when you are asked if you would like to convert the video.

3KyNoX
Honored Guest
Hello, works with .ass subs ? We are forced to use *ass *ssa for 3D movies.

If not, any plans ? I suppose having subtitles for a video app is not only a must have, it's required ..

Thanks anyway.