cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Login in Gear VR Unity App

eternaldeny
Honored Guest
Hello,

I am working on a Unity game for Gear VR, which also include Facebook Login and Leaderboards. I want the ability to login through VR Keyboard on Facebook in my Unity App. 

I would like to know, if there is any option in which I can open the Facebook Login box within my Unity App only, so I can login using VR Keyboard. 

Any suggestions or help will be highly appreciated. 
5 REPLIES 5

team_mechanic20
Honored Guest
Hi,

I am also facing this same issue. According to this forum of unity
https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/logging-in-with-gear-vr.398930/

We can use OVRProfile but this is obsolete now. Is there any other way to use oculus profile in unity or any other solution for my problem.

eternaldeny
Honored Guest
Hello Imperativity,

Thanks for the reply !

Sure, do let me know if that Facebook Login within my Unity App in Gear VR is possible using VR Keyboard. 

Also please let me know, how I can fetch the Oculus Profile details in my Unity Game.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was wondering about the same thing. I have a special part in the app for registered users only. At the moment it's a simple register/login where you get a token to access the "locked" parts of the app. I'd like to use Facebook login to register/login users.

delphinius81
Rising Star
To get a user's Oculus profile info, you need to call:

// Initialize the Platform sdk
Oculus.Platform.Core.Initialize();
// GetLoggedInuserCallback is some callback function you define
Users.GetLoggedInUser().OnComplete(GetLoggedInUserCallback);

Then in you callback function:

if (!msg.IsError) {
   User u = msg.GetUser();
   // u.ID.ToString();
   // u.OculusID;
}

maaz0011
Honored Guest
Hi 
How can i show my facebook friends list in gear vr using unity,my app is still in development phase is that possible ?