cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Gear VR] Using multiple stereo layers

david_noorgames
Honored Guest
Hello,
I am having problems with using stereo layers in Gear VR. I know that we're limited up to 3 stereo layers to use. From the picture below you can see red and green rectangles.

I have 1 actor on the bottom (red one), which contains widget component (rotated by z axis 180 degree) and stereo layer component. The green one (widget + stereo layer with some offset) is attached to my pawn, and you can see 2 Text blocks. One is widget component, and another is stereo layer.

v4ibr6eecblq.jpg

Red stereo layer component does not render properly, and if fps drop happens, we can see something was rendering, but without opacity.
My implementation is similar to this video, the only difference is that I've used World Locked as Stereo layer type for both red and green widgets.
On the video he says that World Locked is not yet implemented feature, but from code it was for Steam VR.
So my question is, How should I configure stereo layers and widgets properly?
Out of curiosity, why we're limited up to 3 stereo layers, is there any hardware related issue?
Thank you.
1 REPLY 1

InnerExodus
Adventurer
Hi, 

We have received similar reports of this issue. I will update you when I have more information to share.