/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Can you open a link to another app in the Oculus store from within your app?

medicalrealitiesmedicalrealities Posts: 3
Virtual Boy (or Girl)
Just wondering is there a method for opening the Oculus store on a specific app download page from within our app? The custom app is built in Unity.

Answers

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 976 Oculus Staff
    Hi,

Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums.

I have confirmed that this is allowed behavior for applications published on the Oculus Store.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
  • medicalrealitiesmedicalrealities Posts: 3
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Can you point me in the direction of the API call? Maybe I wasn't clear, from within my Gear VR app I want to click a button which opens the Oculus store in VR on the store listing of a different app, all without having to leave VR and take off my headset.
    I hear you there---I thought you were asking if this was allowed behavior on our store. We don't have any documentation on this from what I can see, but I'll ask around and see if there is anything I can source for you for an example/API call.
  • medicalrealitiesmedicalrealities Posts: 3
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    I hear you there---I thought you were asking if this was allowed behavior on our store. We don't have any documentation on this from what I can see, but I'll ask around and see if there is anything I can source for you for an example/API call.
    Thanks, find out anything yet?
  • medicalrealitiesmainmedicalrealitiesmain Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    bump
  • stevenwirelessstevenwireless Posts: 4
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Look forward to this, too
    @medicalrealitiesmain

Hi, we are looking to put some documentation together regarding this ability to link to a store page for another application within the current application being used. I will update you guys when this goes live. Sorry for the delay here!