/ Forums
Applications are now open to attend this year's Oculus Connect. Join us October 11–12 and be first in line for an inside look at what’s new and next for VR.

Oculus Connect 4: Speaker Preview

We've revealed some of the Oculus speakers who'll present at Oculus Connect 4 this year! Click here to learn more.
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

[Rift] Crash with 1.16 / UE 4.16

ENiKSENiKS Posts: 64
Hiro Protagonist
Hello,

Not sure where to post it, but UE4 is crashing with Rift (VR preview) even with very simple projects. I've posted about it on UE AnswerHub including a very basic project that crashes 100% on both of our PCs running 1.16 runtime, but runs flawlessly on 1.15, and because of that i would suspect it's more like Oculus Runtime and also posting it here.

Original bugreport: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/667905/vr-simple-project-crash.html

Oculus runtime: 1.16.0.403043
Unreal Engine: 4.16.0 / 4.16.1 (Launcher builds)

-ENiKS

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 1,192 Oculus Staff
    Hi,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will look into this issue on our end.
  • ptorresptorres Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    I'm having the same issue. Was there a solution? 
  • creativemattercreativematter Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    edited June 18
    I am having this same issue, only occurring since my PC updated to 1.16 on June 16.

Is there any way to roll back to 1.15? I have a very important client demonstration on Wednesday and I urgently need to be up and running again.
  • Metaverso.infoMetaverso.info Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Same issue here
    UE 4.16.1
    Oculus runtime 1.16.0.404668

After stopping the scene in VR Preview from UE I get a crash.
    This happens with all my projects and with brand new projects like RealisticRendering available from the UE Library as well.

Was perfectly working with previous version of oculus runtime (1.15)

• ENiKSENiKS Posts: 64
    Hiro Protagonist
    FIXED for me in 1.16.0.406508, thanks :)
  • ptorresptorres Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Ugh, still crashing for me with 1.16 :(