/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

What does "Number of Entitlements" mean in the developer dashboard?

jumblijumbli Posts: 88
Hiro Protagonist
In the revenue developer dashboard there is a section that shows the Number of Entitlements. The description says "Tracks the number of users who have been granted an entitlement to your app". I would expect this to be the sum of the copies sold + keys redeemed + number of users manually granted access to channels. However, it seems to be far higher. Anyone know what it really means?
Solo-dev for Dimensional on Oculus Home
View my dev blog at JumbliVR.com

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 976 Oculus Staff
    Hi,

The number of entitlements is a sum of all users who have been granted access to the application.

Entitlements come from copies sold, keys redeemed, users in release channels, and members of your organization.

There are certain cases where temporary entitlements will come from Oculus employees when investigating bugs.
    For instance, if I we were to investigate the number of entitlements chart for your app we would first have to grant ourselves a temporary permission that includes an entitlement.
  • jumblijumbli Posts: 88
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks for your reply. Regarding "users in release channels" does that show as an entitlement each time they play the game, or just when they install it? I only ask due to the number of entitlements being quite high (7 in one particular day - excluding sales etc.) By the way, I would be very happy for Oculus employees to install the game as an entitlement just to play it. I just like to understand the numbers :)

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 976 Oculus Staff
    @jumbli

It is counted as an entitlement when the user installs the application.

I'll check out your application sometime this week to give you my opinion. :smile:
  • jumblijumbli Posts: 88
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks for the info. Just to let you know, InnerExodus has sent me a PM on the topic so I don't want you to duplicate any effort. Thanks again.