/ Forums
Applications are now open to attend this year's Oculus Connect. Join us October 11–12 and be first in line for an inside look at what’s new and next for VR.

New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus Audio SDK 1.16 Available now [New Format for Downloading]

imperativityimperativity Posts: 1,048 Oculus Staff
edited July 8 in Audio Development
With the 1.16 release of Audio SDK, you can now download whichever package or spatializer you want. There is no need to download one combined package anymore.

You can find the master list at: https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/audio/

Here they all are for convenient downloading (those marked 'not updated' are legacy versions):

Oculus Ambisonics Starter Pack 1.0 (not updated)

Oculus Audio Pack 1 1.0 (not updated)

Oculus OVRVoiceMod for Unity 5 1.0 (not updated)

Oculus Lip Sync Unity Integration 1.16.0

Oculus Lip Sync is an add-on plugin and set of scripts used to sync avatar lip movements to speech sounds from prerecorded audio or live microphone input.

New Features

• Added support for pre-computed visemes.
  • Viseme engine improved for Rift to generate smoother and more accurate visemes.

API Changes

• No breaking changes.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue with ovrLipSyncDll_ProcessFrame where it did not properly analyze the audio signal.

Oculus Audio Previewer for DAW for macOS 1.16.0

A set of VST and AAX plugins for previewing Oculus HRTF-based spatialization and room modeling in a digital audio workstation (DAW).

New Features

• Oculus Audio Previewer for DAW for macOS is now its own download package.

Oculus Audio Spatializer Plugin for FMOD 1.16.0

An FMOD plugin to let developers add HRTF-based spatialization and room modeling to applications.

New Features

• Oculus Audio Spatializer Plugin for FMOD is now its own download package.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where an audio source with Oculus attenuation and reflections enabled could briefly play at full volume when the source is far from the listener

OVRAudio API for Native C/C++ 1.16.0

An interface to let developers add HRTF-based spatialization and room modeling to applications.

New Features

• This is the public release of the OVRAudio API that was previously available by request.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where an audio source with Oculus attenuation and reflections enabled could briefly play at full volume when the source is far from the listener

Oculus Audio Spatializer Plugin for Unity 1.16.0

A Unity plugin to let developers add HRTF-based spatialization and room modeling to applications.

New Features

• Added Oculus Audio Manager to provide sound FX management that is external to Unity scene files. This has audio workflow benefits as well as providing you with the ability to group sound FX events together for greater flexibility.
  • Oculus Audio Spatializer Plugin for Unity is now its own download package.

API Changes

• Due to an API change in Unity 2017 beta, the previous version of ambisonic decoder (1.1.5) will not work in Unity 2017 beta 9 or later. Please use 1.16.0 for official ambisonic integration.

Bug Fixes

Oculus Audio Spatializer Plugin for WWise 1.16.0

A Wwise plugin to let developers add HRTF-based spatialization and room modeling to applications.

New Features

• Oculus Audio Spatializer Plugin for Wwise is now its own download package.

Bug Fixes

Comments

• motorsepmotorsep Posts: 1,082
    Nexus 6
    @imperativity

So, no Lip Sync for UE4 and no audio plugins for UE4 (native direct support, no FMOD and no Wwise) ?
  • Charlie.ataCharlie.ata Posts: 19
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    That's great news!
    Thanks
    Nexus 6
    edited July 11
    @DaveDriggers  @PeterStirling  Could you please tell us what V.Radius is for (Oculus Spatializer effect panel in FMOD Studio) ?

It's not in the Oculus Audio docs.
  • YbalridYbalrid Posts: 244
    Art3mis
    I have to say, I'm happy to finally see the C++ sdk available publicly!
    CV1+Touch; Running on GTX980 - 4770K - 32GB DDR3

I'm writing a C++ open-sourcre game engine for the Rift http://annwvyn.org/ - https://github.com/Ybalrid/Annwvyn
    For now it's only used for my student projects at my engineering school http://en.esiea.fr/
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    edited July 11
    Hi Oculus.
    Have you changed the attenuation curve profile?
    The sounds cut-off completly when they are above the attenuation range min, the max value isn't taken in consideration anymore. :s 
  • PeterStirlingPeterStirling Posts: 112 Oculus Staff
    Hi folks,

To answer some of your questions:
    So, no Lip Sync for UE4 and no audio plugins for UE4 (native direct support, no FMOD and no Wwise) ?

That is correct we only support Unity currently. We may consider porting to other engines/middleware in the future if there is demand for it. I'll take your questions as an expression of interest in that.

Could you please tell us what V.Radius is for (Oculus Spatializer effect panel in FMOD Studio) ?
    The volumetric radius allows you to make sounds that come from a sphere instead of just point sources.

Have you changed the attenuation curve profile?
    We have not changed the attenuation curve shape, but if you're using Wwise we did change the behavior to grab the attenuation max range from the attenuation share set. Our curve is quite a bit more aggressive than the Wwise curve so if you're using shareset attenuation consider multiplying by a factor of 10 to get something comparable. This is something we're investigating right now and we might be changing the attenuation curve profile in the near future.

Nexus 6
    Hi folks,

To answer some of your questions:

That is correct we only support Unity currently. We may consider porting to other engines/middleware in the future if there is demand for it. I'll take your questions as an expression of interest in that.

Could you please tell us what V.Radius is for (Oculus Spatializer effect panel in FMOD Studio) ?
    The volumetric radius allows you to make sounds that come from a sphere instead of just point sources.
    Yep, I am definitely interested in Lip Sync for UE4 (especially if I can use it on NPCs)! :)

Is there a real-life example for sound coming off a sphere and not a point? (I can't really imagine what it would sound like or what the difference would be)

If using V.Radius, do I still need to use Min. Radius settings ?

Thanks
  • PeterStirlingPeterStirling Posts: 112 Oculus Staff
    We're working on making some demos for volumetric and the other new features. It essentially provides a sense of spread, when you're very close to a volumetric source it will be more spread out and less of a pin-point. When the listener is inside the radius of volumetric sound they will be enveloped by the sound.

Yes you still need min-radius setting, that defines the attenuation curve so you can have it full volume beyond boundary of the radius up to the min radius. The min radius is measured from the boundary of the volumetric sphere.

• jonhillmanjonhillman Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    edited July 11
    I am having some trouble getting this latest package running with Unity 5.6.1p4 – a few standout issues are constant console spamming from ONSPAudioSource where the call to 'ONSP_GetGlobalRoomReflectionValues(ref reflOn, ref reverbOn, ref width, ref height, ref length);' is made, the error is 'EntryPointNotFoundException: ONSP_GetGlobalRoomReflectionValues'. Another similar error is coming from ONSPVersion. Beyond those errors, I can't arrive at settings (especially attenuation) that seem to make sense with reflections, hearing lots of flanging/phasing...

This makes me think the underlying dll is not the correct version, but I have imported the latest OculusNativeSpatializer (1.16, downloaded today). I should also mention the target platform is Android (Gear VR), and I'm working in OSX. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Hi PeterStirling.

It sounds like there is a bug with the max attenuation distance.
    Everything beyond the min attenuation value is immediately cut-off, whatever the max value is.
    Rolling back to 1.15 for now..

"we did change the behavior to grab the attenuation max range from the attenuation share set"
    I have the feeling that the plugin does not grab this value anymore.

Thanks.

• jonhillmanjonhillman Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    edited July 12
    Is there a download for the 1.15 version somewhere I can test? @PeterStirling ?
  • petergiokarispetergiokaris Posts: 163 Oculus Staff
    Hello,

@jonhillman

We recently discovered that the 1.16 Unity integration is missing the OSX .bundle file within the /Plugins folder. We are working on getting a new package uploaded to the dev site.

@Charlie.ata

The latest Wwise version will take the 'Max distance' value within the attenuation share-set (which is assigned to a sound through the 'Positioning' tab) and will override the attachment parameter 'Attenuation Range Max' IF 'Oculus Attenuation Enabled' has been checked. You will need to set the value in the share-set to get the max attenuation to work, if you have one assigned to your sound.

Note that the falloff curve of our internal Oculus attenuation may seem steep, which may be causing the sudden drop in the attenuation. If you have an attenuation share-set on the sound, could you let us know what Max distance value is set at? Also, if you remove that share-set from the sound, can you see if the Attenuation Range Max starts responding again?

Thanks,
    Peter
    Peter Giokaris
    Senior Software Engineer
    Nexus 6
    edited July 21
    @PeterStirling @petergiokaris

Is this release compatible with current 1.09.06 FMOD release for UE 4.16.2 ? I am not getting any spatialization using 1.16.0 plugin :(

EDIT: Apparently setting output on master to "mono" as it was advised for pre-4.16 UE4 doesn't work. Spatialization only works when output is set to Auto or Stereo. I e-mailed Oculus Support about that.