cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip touch tutorials and intro?

hoesterey
Explorer
Any way to skip touch tutorials and the intro?  We have to set the things up for everyone of our employees. Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

Wildt
Consultant
PLEASE implement this LOOOONG overdue "feature".

TopRamenGod
Honored Guest
This is really inconvenient for developers, especially if we develop on different platforms. Please provide the ability to skip the touch intro and other product on-boarding.

Graphic
Explorer
I've played this fucking tutorial about 300 times now GIVE AN OPTION TO SKIP seriously makes me NEVER want to bring my rift anywhere, have to play through the 20 fucking minute tutorial every time you unplug anything

Anonymous
Not applicable
^^ Right there with you graphic.  This is not developer friendly.. .  This needs to be changed asap!

vinitmore
Honored Guest
hello,

You can skip some parts of the Oculus Setup, but the touch parts are mostly calibrating the sensors. This has to be done every time the sensors move, or they won't work right.

regards
vinit

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
+1 for the request.
My workaround until then when I take the setup elsewhere is;
1. Hibernate the laptop while all is running fine and the Oculus dashboard is still running.
2. Move the setup to another location.
3. Start the laptop, only calibrate the sensors
Like this - no videos / tutorials will be played and 'unknown sources' is still checked.

If for some reason the laptop needs to reboot - I'm out of luck and its doing the whole setup again (probably because the Oculus software checks the internet connection and 'decides' from there if it will play nice or not).

RoyBerardo
Honored Guest
Kind of a hacky workaround I just discovered - If you unplug your headset's USB cable during setup (for me the sensor communications test page), it will say there was an error and give you the option to continue or skip setup entirely. Hope it works for others!

Aerotune
Explorer
I just pressed Alt + F4 when setting up a new devise to skip the tutorial. Worked fine.

weeowey
Honored Guest
When the tutorial is running in vr on the headset, block the face sensor on the headset and press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to open task manager. Click on unreal engine and then end task. should bring you straight to oculus home.