/ Forums
Applications are now open to attend this year's Oculus Connect. Join us October 11–12 and be first in line for an inside look at what’s new and next for VR.

Oculus Connect 4: Speaker Preview

We've revealed some of the Oculus speakers who'll present at Oculus Connect 4 this year! Click here to learn more.
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Orientation resets after short HMD Unmount and then Mount

inhouseinhouse Posts: 3
Virtual Boy (or Girl)
Hi.
I am using:
- Unity 5.6.3.
- Oculus Utilities v1.16

I am working on a project  where a player walks on a thin line at huge height ("Break your fear").
I am working with an OVR package,
The player is usually taking off the the HDM for a short time (2-4 seconds), then putting it back BUT then the rotation is being reset for no reason why?

For true application to pause it takes up to 10 seconds only after that the OVR saves the previews orientation and when you put it back no matter on what true direction you are, it's displaying the right rotation.

1. Where can I find the script that it resets the rotation (I want that it will continue to track ti OnApplicationPause)
2. Where the script located that it saves the rotation after OnApplicationPause.
3. Why it takes so long for the app to be at true pause? where can I do direct pause after OVRPlugin.userPresent = false ?

Thank you.

Comments

• imperativityimperativity Posts: 1,172 Oculus Staff
    Hi,

Thanks for providing all the versions of software you are using.

The player is usually taking off the the HDM for a short time (2-4 seconds), then putting it back BUT then the rotation is being reset for no reason why?

Regarding the above, why is the user tasking off the HMD for 2-4 seconds at a time in your application?

• inhouseinhouse Posts: 3
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Thanks for the replay.
    Because of fear some disorientation.
  • imperativityimperativity Posts: 1,172 Oculus Staff
    @inhouse

After checking with our internal teams for integrations, this has been determined to be his is expected behavior.

However, OVRDisplay.RecenteredPose should really fire in this case to let the app know the reference frame has changed.

If that was the case, the app would be able to change OVRCameraRig.TrackingSpace to keep things in the same place after the recenter

We are looking into this issue currently and this thread will be updated when I have more information to share.