Oculus Connect 4 will feature more than 30 sessions across four tracks: Develop, Design, Distribute, and Future.

We kick things off with a keynote address on October 11!
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

GEAR VR Touch Input without Utilities (SOLVED)

BeloudestBeloudest Posts: 12
Virtual Boy (or Girl)
edited September 13 in Unity
Hi, I'm just curious how I could implement GEAR Touch Input without the full Utilities package. Unity as you know supports VR generic cam which is helpful for cross platform support. 

I tried importing the Input.Touch script on its own but it did not seem to work when Touch Handlers were setup. Instead of tap inputs for Up Down etc the camera would just rotate when touching the input. 

I then tried importing all the utilities for further testing. It seemed the GearVrControllerTest scene would only work when the OVR Camera was live. I tried testing the canvas within the OVR Cam with the test script via a normal Unity camera rig and suddenly touch stopped again.

I suppose my question is what are the dependencies for Touch support, what are the bare minimum scripts for support in Unity? I like simplicity. Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• BeloudestBeloudest Posts: 12
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Oh please ignore me, I'd added mouse look to my cam rig and was building an old scene each time and was getting some weird results. Durrrr!