cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I adjust Gear VR Controller Positioning?

TrevJT
Protege
Is it possible to adjust the CenterEyeAnchor or RightHandAnchor points? 

In my game, the object in your hand is way too low when directly attached to the RightHandAnchor. If I raise it to the correct height it rotates off the axis of the original spot and does not look realistic... 

Does anyone have insight into adjusting the Gear VR Controller positional settings?

Using Unity 2017.20b7
OVR 1.18.1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

oculus_gabor
Protege
Yes, you can adjust the position of both CenterEyeAnchor and RightHandAnchor. However, i would not suggest doing this.

The position for both of those nodes is set in the 

UpdateAnchors() function of OVRCameraRig.cs. You could edit this file to change the position of the anchor points. But that's a bad idea. Any time the Utils package is updated, it will override your changes!

A better approach might be to make your own script which calculates a transform offset and applies it in LateUpdate. That way you leave the Camera Rig unchanged, it will position all nodes correctly, then your script can apply an offset in LateUpdate after the rig has been posed. Make sure you set the offset relative to local space.

Now, i'm not really understanding why you need to do this. You should be able to attach an object as a child of the hand anchor and it should just move with the anchor. I'm not sure where the rotation you are talking about is introduced. Can you post a gif or video sample of what you are seeing?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

oculus_gabor
Protege
Yes, you can adjust the position of both CenterEyeAnchor and RightHandAnchor. However, i would not suggest doing this.

The position for both of those nodes is set in the 

UpdateAnchors() function of OVRCameraRig.cs. You could edit this file to change the position of the anchor points. But that's a bad idea. Any time the Utils package is updated, it will override your changes!

A better approach might be to make your own script which calculates a transform offset and applies it in LateUpdate. That way you leave the Camera Rig unchanged, it will position all nodes correctly, then your script can apply an offset in LateUpdate after the rig has been posed. Make sure you set the offset relative to local space.

Now, i'm not really understanding why you need to do this. You should be able to attach an object as a child of the hand anchor and it should just move with the anchor. I'm not sure where the rotation you are talking about is introduced. Can you post a gif or video sample of what you are seeing?

foas
Explorer