cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get the userid of Oculus Platform using blueprint?

fengkan
Explorer
UserId or UniqueNetId, just something to identify unique user.
30 REPLIES 30

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
Does your comment re: Unreal 4.13 suggest that the Platform plugin will be bundled with 4.13 stable release?

Yes, Epic has already merged it for 4.13.

motorsep
Rising Star

vrdaveb said:

> Does your comment re: Unreal 4.13 suggest that the Platform plugin will be bundled with 4.13 stable release?

So, does it mean that with UE 4.13 we can do achievements, leaderboards, IAP, etc. for Gear VR apps and games out of the box ?

brian_jew
Expert Protege

motorsep said:

vrdaveb said:

> Does your comment re: Unreal 4.13 suggest that the Platform plugin will be bundled with 4.13 stable release?

So, does it mean that with UE 4.13 we can do achievements, leaderboards, IAP, etc. for Gear VR apps and games out of the box ?

Yes and no.  We've included all the the header files needed to do all that through our API.  However, if you want to do it through Unreal OSS, we've only exposed a subset of those functionalities:  achievements, leaderboards, room & matchmaking via session interface, p2p through the NetDriver.  So if you want the full functionality in 4.13, you can code against the native c header located in Engine\Source\ThirdParty\Oculus\LibOVRPlatform.  If you are more comfortable with the OnlineSubsystem, you can adjust your defaultEngine.ini file to use Oculus:

[OnlineSubsystem]
DefaultPlatformService=Oculus

[OnlineSubsystemOculus]
bEnabled=true
OculusAppId=<app_id_here>

motorsep
Rising Star
@brian_jew

So enabling Oculus Platform in the .ini, as you just described, would allow full functionality of Oculus Platform (including IAP) in UE 4.13 stock build (without a need to re-compile engine) ?

Is it all exposed to Blueprints?

Is it 100% functional on Gear VR and not just Rift, as it used to be?

Do you guys plan on making tutorials about using Platform features within UE4 using BP ?

Thanks

narvalouspeter
Honored Guest
However, if you want to do it through Unreal OSS, we've only exposed a subset of those functionalities:  achievements, leaderboards, room & matchmaking via session interface, p2p through the NetDriver.

Ok, so going back to the subject of the thread, is it possible to get the userId or username through blueprints for this?

I also managed to install the platform plugin (as an engine plugin rather than project). However, the only Blueprint node exposed is entitlement check. Is this correct (and I didn't install something wrong)?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been trying to get "get user profile" to return anything for "Name" without any luck. Not the only one it seems:
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/432616/get-oculus-user-profile.html

Do you need to activate the Oculus Online Subsystem plugin? If so there appears to be a bug with it as it gives a build error when trying to build: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/469285/gearvr-building-with-online-subsystem-oculus-plugi...

motorsep
Rising Star
@brian_jew @vrdaveb

Epic dev checked 4.13 preview 2 and said that the only supported platform for Platform SDK is Windows. How come support Android didn't make it into 4.13 ?

brian_jew
Expert Protege
>@narvalouspeter: Ok, so going back to the subject of the thread, is it possible to get the userId or username through blueprints for this?

Check my first post.  It's possible to get the userid through the blueprint.  For some reason, it's being returned as the player name rather than the player id through the playerstate.

>I also managed to install the platform plugin (as an engine plugin rather than project). However, the only Blueprint node exposed is entitlement check. Is this correct (and I didn't install something wrong)?

That is correct.  Everything else that is exposed through the blueprint is through UE4's standard Online blueprints.

@motorsep: How come support Android didn't make it into 4.13 ?

I'll follow up with Epic about this.  I was able to do a Android ETC2 when I built the engine from source, but it looks like that doesn't work in 4.13 preview 2.

motorsep
Rising Star

brian_jew said:

I'll follow up with Epic about this.  I was able to do a Android ETC2 when I built the engine from source, but it looks like that doesn't work in 4.13 preview 2.

Thanks a bunch!

Btw, I posted related question here: https://forums.oculus.com/developer/discussion/41624/gear-vr-ue4-blueprint-nodes-documentation-for-platform-sdk-in-ue-4-13-x 

Do you happen to have any info about that ?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

brian_jew said:

Check my first post.  It's possible to get the userid through the blueprint.  For some reason, it's being returned as the player name rather than the player id through the playerstate

@brian_jew  could you elaberate how it's done and are you sure you tested this on gearvr and not just the rift?
as both of us haven't been able to do it here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/432616/get-oculus-user-profile.html
We are exporting in development mode and running the game in the gearvr but get an empty string.

brian_jew said:

@motorsep: How come support Android didn't make it into 4.13 ?

I'll
follow up with Epic about this.  I was able to do a Android ETC2 when I
built the engine from source, but it looks like that doesn't work in
4.13 preview 2.

Looking forward to your feedback on this point but really looks like gearvr support has missed out 😞