cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio output to 2 devices

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to play the in game audio through 2 devices simultaneously.

I'd like the video game audio to play through the rift speakers whilst also playing through my regular speakers. 

Having people over to watch/demo gets really boring without sounds.

I know this has been asked before but it went unanswered
11 REPLIES 11

DaveDriggers
Adventurer
Hi, 

Currently there's not a way to do this but it is a feature that we're working on. We're hoping to get it into the next Oculus update.

Cheers
-dave
dave driggers | audio programmer | Oculus VR

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please make this a priority. There is a real difference between the audience when I demo the Rift vs the Vive. Without sound people get bored, but when I demo the Vive everybody is laughing and joining in on the experience that the person with the headset is having.

If somebody knows of a work-around please share. 

DaveDriggers
Adventurer
Thanks for that feedback. We are definitely trying to get that out as soon as possible. 

There is a workaround but it does require some extra hardware. You could disable Rift Audio and use an audio splitter (i.e. 1/8'' stereo splitter cable, appx. $5) to send audio to both external headphones and speakers.

3dvrmonster
Explorer

Hi, 

Currently there's not a way to do this but it is a feature that we're working on. We're hoping to get it into the next Oculus update.

Cheers
-dave

Will be great to get stereo working with headphones too. Can't wait to get the tactical transducers kicking with the Rift headphones!
Intel Core i7-3820 OC@ 4.7 Ghz (Liquid-cooled) on ASUS Sabertooth X79 mobo 16 GB Quad Channel DDR 3 1600 Mhz with 250 gb SSD GTX 980 working with DK2 to make something great!

3dvrmonster
Explorer
Not sure if anyone has tried this, but you can get both to work if you do it in a certain order. After I made that last post I started a movie, and once it was playing I started virtual desktop. Sound was coming out my receiver, and after putting the Rift on it was mirroring my desktop while playing audio through the headphones as well. It is not a fix all, but it is possible to have a standard audio setup in windows, and play sound from 2 sources at the same time.
Intel Core i7-3820 OC@ 4.7 Ghz (Liquid-cooled) on ASUS Sabertooth X79 mobo 16 GB Quad Channel DDR 3 1600 Mhz with 250 gb SSD GTX 980 working with DK2 to make something great!

3dvrmonster
Explorer

Thanks for that feedback. We are definitely trying to get that out as soon as possible. 

There is a workaround but it does require some extra hardware. You could disable Rift Audio and use an audio splitter (i.e. 1/8'' stereo splitter cable, appx. $5) to send audio to both external headphones and speakers.

Did this make it in this last update?

DaveDriggers
Adventurer
It didn't. Hopefully in the next PC SDK release. We'll definitely post an update when it's available. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Just saw this video that may be of interest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zcljqAm7AQ
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Gdrider77
Honored Guest
whats status on this? Having people over for the holidays, and really want to have people enjoy wacthing and hearing each other play?