cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity 5.5 has cpuLevel and gpuLevel support?

robertogeek
Protege
Has Unity 5.5 the cpuLevel and gpuLevel integration??

we are calling directly by the DllImport

[DllImport(pluginName, CallingConvention = CallingConvention.Cdecl)]
    public static extern Bool ovrp_SetSystemCpuLevel(int value);

public static int cpuLevel
    {
        get { return ovrp_GetSystemCpuLevel(); }
        set { ovrp_SetSystemCpuLevel(value); }
    }

But I am not sure about if this is working because in less than two minutes, the galaxy S6 overheats in a very simple scene
6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Grand Champion
Moving to developer section.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

SxKx
Expert Protege
Updated to 1.13 and my S6 is almost catching fire in 2minutes also. When previously could go on for 15min +.. Has there been a bump in native render resolution or how is this even possible? Any insight anyone? Tried to fiddle with cpu/gpu values with no results while debugging gpu values on screen and seeing the choking, still heating up like a stove,,,

drash
Heroic Explorer
Have you tried looking at the log produced by such a run?   If only to check to ensure that the once-per-second VrApi log events report the GPU/CPU settings you expect, and see what the temps look like etc.

Just as a data point, on Oculus Utilities 1.12 + Unity 5.3.8f1, the GPU/CPU settings are definitely working as expected on the S6.  Seems that the underlying mobile SDK hasn't changed from 1.12 to 1.13 though, it's listed as Mobile SDK 1.0.4.5 for both.
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

SxKx
Expert Protege
Haven´t tried, no idea how to get logs on gearVR tests. So, advice needed for that.  I´m trying convert back to 5.3.8f1 if that could provide help for me.

robertogeek
Protege
I think that my solution posted above is right, I have no warnings from oculus store with the review of my app

kuanghsin_liu
Honored Guest
We are using Oculus Utilities 1.12 + Unity 5.4.5f1, and the setting of cpuLevel and gpuLevel works for us on S6. As setting both cpuLevel and gpuLevel as 0, the frame rate does drop and our app can runs much longer (40+mins) on S6 without any overheating message.

However, as we tests the same apk on S7 (with the same version of Android (6.0.1) and same version of GearVR framework (11.0.0) and all the other settings are as the same as we have on S6), the frame rate doesn't drop at all (the adb log still tells you CPU0/GPU = 0/0) and it doesn't really help the heating issue on S7 much...