cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Oculus Video' GearVR Seam Bug

HidingGlass
Honored Guest
I recently updated Oculus Video on my Gear VR and now every video I play (both side-loaded and downloaded from official sources) has a nasty seam down the back and is pinching at the polls. I'm side-loading videos onto multiple devices for a trade show with FB360 Audio so if there is any solution or alternative please let me know. 

Are there other apps I can side-load the video onto that supports FB360 Audio? 

Oculus Video: Version 1.5.20 04/17/2017
Device: Samsung Galaxy S7SM-G930FD
Gear VR SM-R322

Video:  H.264  //  .MP4  //  4096x2048  //  30 MBits/Sec  //  FB360 Encoded Audio
10 REPLIES 10

yessianmusic
Explorer
I just discovered the exact same problem....plus, the videos in "my videos" no longer auto play, which is a problem for me during our VR demonstrations.  Is there a way to install an older version of Oculus Video on the Gear VR?

HidingGlass
Honored Guest
I've been having some success downloading an older version (1.61.1 works for me) on Aptoide. Not an ideal solution as you have to go around security and must then launch the app from Aptoide as it doesn't show up in the oculus store. Works in a pinch though. Hopefully they will remedy this problem soon. The newest app version is also 1.5.20 which seems older than the previous one (1.61.1) so I'm wondering if someone didn't make a mistake and submit the wrong version?

Hopefully someone from Oculus can weigh in.   

bas3D
Honored Guest
I have the same UV seam problem. thanks for sharing the older version.

davebirch
Honored Guest
same here - how about it Oculus?

OCGreg
Honored Guest
We have fixed this issue, and the fix will be available in next week's automatic update. Thanks all!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll have someone look into this. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

psavavc
Honored Guest
Also getting this issue, when will the update be available?

ascvr2
Honored Guest
It is the 27th of April and I just updated one of our Gear VR set ups and sure enough I now have seam bug on my videos! When will there be a fix or when will it be possible to roll back to previous update? Was ready for the trade show but now I am having to research another platform to show 360 videos!

ascvr2
Honored Guest
It is the 28th... Friday... of that "next week"... that the new update was going to be sent out to "fix" what the last updated messed up. I tried unistalling Oculus and reinstalling but same issue with the seam showing up in videos played locally on my Samsung S7. What is the reality of getting this fixed? :'(