cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity "Run in background" player option causing crash after updating project to Unity 5.6.0f3

ChrisX
Explorer
I have just been updating a VR project that was using (Unity 5.4.1p4 & Oculus Utilities 1.8.0) to (Unity 5.6.0f3 & Oculus Utilities 1.13.0).
The updated project seems to work fine running inside the Unity Editor, but if I build it to an EXE for Windows, the resulting EXE now crashes on startup just after hitting "Play!" on the config dialog.

I started a fresh Unity project using the test room scene provided with Oculus Utilities 1.8.0, and this works fine for me when built to an EXE for Windows. However, when I compared the Unity player settings for this project with my upgraded project I discovered that the option that causes the crash is the "Run in background" player setting. i.e. The built application for both projects crash on startup if the "Run in background" option is enabled.

Is anyone one else having the same issue?
Is the Unity "Run in background" player option no longer supported for Oculus VR projects?

(Interestingly, if I build a fresh Unity project without importing the Oculus Utilities package, and only tick the "Virtual Reality Supported" and "Run in background" options, I don't get any issues, so my guess is that implies the problem is connected in some way to the Oculus Utilities package)

10 REPLIES 10

ChrisX
Explorer
Hurrah. Yep, 5.6.0p2 does fix the crash. Thank you.