cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Oculus Video' GearVR Seam Bug

HidingGlass
Honored Guest
I recently updated Oculus Video on my Gear VR and now every video I play (both side-loaded and downloaded from official sources) has a nasty seam down the back and is pinching at the polls. I'm side-loading videos onto multiple devices for a trade show with FB360 Audio so if there is any solution or alternative please let me know. 

Are there other apps I can side-load the video onto that supports FB360 Audio? 

Oculus Video: Version 1.5.20 04/17/2017
Device: Samsung Galaxy S7SM-G930FD
Gear VR SM-R322

Video:  H.264  //  .MP4  //  4096x2048  //  30 MBits/Sec  //  FB360 Encoded Audio
10 REPLIES 10

ascvr2
Honored Guest
Helpful for everyone! 🙂 I have come up with solution to the seam appearing on local playback after updated Gear VR. If you use Samsung VR you will be able to use your local 360 video without the seam appearing. Steps I had to go through:
  1. Open Samsung VR
  2. It will prompt you to insert phone into Gear VR (ok to do so)
  3. Follow navigation to your video.
It took me some time to find my videos but it looks like Samsung VR created another app with a "goggle" icon on my phone. I can now play my local 360 videos through Samsung VR without internet access.
Importatnt! I would suggest not connecting to the internet; just to avoid the possibility of updating the app and losing the ability to playing back locally.