cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my FPS is getting low?

Soundmartell
Explorer
Hello,
I have been trying to find a solution for my Gear VR FPS but even when I have made all kind of optimization I can't get a stable 60 FPS.
I have attached an OVRMonitor screenshot. As you can see I have less than 100 Draw Call, less than 100K vertices, the Static batches are working as well as the dynamic batches. 
I have all the lights baked, Occlusion culling is working, I have the CPU and GPU overclocked 4/4!! 
Quality screenshot attached as well.
I am using Unity 5.6, Galaxy S7 Duos, Gear VR. 
I will appreciate any help.
Best regards. 
m2yarbfalbp0.pnggcps76xa0jal.pngave 
16 REPLIES 16

Soundmartell
Explorer
Running in the Device.
pcu6ksjd8nl5.png
h1bruz1f1pn2.png

Soundmartell
Explorer
I am using mobile defuse shader. With just an atlas texture 2048 x 2048. Not any bump map. Not shadows. All the models share the same materia and atlas. I can't find anything simpler than that. Even with a mobile unlit I can't get 60 FPS.
I appreciate your help.

Soundmartell
Explorer
The atlas 2048 x 2048, compressed ASTC 8x8 Block, 

Soundmartell
Explorer
It has not any UI. Thanks

appl044
Explorer
try running it in the editor. Turn on "stats" within the game window, upper right-hand side. Start turning off items in your hierarchy until the FPS starts to improve.  And subcomponents. Try changing quality settings also.  Also, I have never seen a pixel light count of zero, I thought you would need at least a 1. Check your time scale and anything else you modified in project settings. 
Check your quality settings. This is mine, and I am over 100FPS.

https://gyazo.com/3a1c3f48ff20de4c331209e1f88f601a 

Soundmartell
Explorer

appl044 said:

try running it in the editor. Turn on "stats" within the game window, upper right-hand side. Start turning off items in your hierarchy until the FPS starts to improve.  And subcomponents. Try changing quality settings also.  Also, I have never seen a pixel light count of zero, I thought you would need at least a 1. Check your time scale and anything else you modified in project settings. 
Check your quality settings. This is mine, and I am over 100FPS.

https://gyazo.com/3a1c3f48ff20de4c331209e1f88f601a 

Thank you. 

FieldOfVision
Heroic Explorer
@imperativity
Thanks for the links. Really helpful blogs.