cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thread priority security exception make sure the apk is signed?!

HaimWA-ahub
Honored Guest

I created a new empty project with Unity 5.1.1p2 and generated the signature file for my device via oculus tool on the website (ID is correct via monitor, adb devices and shows on the pushing bar when compiling with unity)

I also signed the app with a new keystore i generated in the publishing settings of unity

I get that error when running the app in the GearVR - "thread priority security exception make sure the apk is signed" and then it throws me to the GearVR app store

What should i do with this?

15 REPLIES 15

ChristineZheng
Honored Guest
Nvm, i got it! It was bc I had the wrong device ID #. Don't know why, but the ID # I got from the app Device ID was not working. 

pennguy
Honored Guest
Montynayyar , after getting my device id and placing it to the specified assets folder, it's safe to say I'm still getting the same old frustrating error message. When I build and run the apk goes directly to my phone which means the osig file is being read and excepted but still no progress in viewing my app on vr gear.  Anyone else can help please.  

pennguy
Honored Guest

I still have the same old frustrating error message. After following directions. Any other suggestions? Could it be a build settings problem? Please someone help.

Sir_Lock
Honored Guest
Old Thread, but it popped up when I was looking for the answer so here it goes: Something I've noticed after a couple hours trying get my windows 10 pc
to launch adb.exe (and failing) and finally switching to my macbook to
obtain the Device ID is that on the Samsung S8+ OS 7.0 you can see the
Device ID list under: Settings > About Phone > Service Provider SW
ver. [2nd line down will be your long ID, mine was 18 digits of letters
and numbers]
I hope that saves people time. Also, You can verify you have the correct number when launching the Build and
Run. Unity will display the Device Id followed by the Model Number of
your device. (Unity 5.6.1f1)

suleymanciftci0
Honored Guest
If someone still have the same Problem as lock3113 said " Unity will display the Device Id followed by the Model Number of your device. " last section of building. printscreen and note that. Onlay that helped me. DeviceID programs work bad...
Thanks lock3113

markusffsani
Honored Guest
HELP! Wer can i finde the Folder: Gear VR Unity Project - Project / Assets / Plugins / Android / assets.....i didn't find it....
Or better, what for a software need i to get this Folder?