cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's best way to make Presence in your game happen?

nerdVRBuddy
Protege
Are there specific settings or lighting i should use? So that users can achieve presensce. Is heights one of the tricks to presence.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

flexy123
Superstar
I think that presence depends on a lot of things, but mostly (my own theory) on the type of game. I have found that "presence" works best in things like "cockpit games", or games that resemble your play area (say, where you play with a virtual desk in front of you)...or games where there is only a limited-size environment, say, like in a submarine or inside a space capsule. Because, I think, when the environment is limited like that, it doesn't matter so much that the FOV in VR is smaller and that things in the distance are blurrier. Short: Things are more realistic.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

flexy123
Superstar
I think that presence depends on a lot of things, but mostly (my own theory) on the type of game. I have found that "presence" works best in things like "cockpit games", or games that resemble your play area (say, where you play with a virtual desk in front of you)...or games where there is only a limited-size environment, say, like in a submarine or inside a space capsule. Because, I think, when the environment is limited like that, it doesn't matter so much that the FOV in VR is smaller and that things in the distance are blurrier. Short: Things are more realistic.

nerdVRBuddy
Protege
Thanks for the answer. Makes sense.