cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APK is not appearing in device Apps screen.

ki7a
Protege
Hi, this is quite annoying, I am able to test my APK in gear VR after install is complete. But, when I exit the game there is no icon on the screen. I can see it in all apps settings, but can't run it from there. So each time I need to install the APK again in order to test it. I'm sure there is a better way but can't figure this out.
Any solution for this? 
3 REPLIES 3

juanoldinho
Heroic Explorer
You can add the following 
<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
to your manifest and after installing to the phone the app will be listed along with all your other apps. Be aware that to upload a build to the Oculus Store you will need to remove the above from your manfiest and ensure your AndroidManifest.xml conforms to our specifications listed here:
https://developer.oculus.com/distribute/latest/concepts/publish-mobile-manifest/
Please tag me, @juanoldinho, in your forum post/response if you need immediate assistance or want additional support or context on an issue you are having with our software or integrations.

Having an issue with our platform, services, or integrations?

Try using our new bug tool to report this and receive emailed updates as we proceed to address it internally.

ki7a
Protege
After adding the line, It's still not showing, 

oculus_gabor
Protege
If your application is a unity game, the following command will launch it:
adb shell am start <package name>/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity

So, if your applications package name (configured in player settings) was com.oculus.example, the command to launch the app would be
adb shell am start com.oculus.example/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity

Sometimes the activity name is com.oculus.example/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerNativeActivity

That should let you launch the game any time.

Lets assume you don't actually know the name of the main activity (com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity), or maybe your game is not a unity game... All of this information is easy to find. First, you need to find the package name of your application. Use the following command:
adb shell pm list packages -f

This will list all installed apk files, with their package names. Search for yours in the list. Once you know the package name, you need to find the name of the main activity for the package. Use this command:
adb shell pm dump PACKAGE

This is going to dump a LOT of text to your console. The information you are looking for is near the top of this info dump. The dump will look something like this:
$ adb shell pm dump com.oculus.example
DUMP OF SERVICE package:
Activity Resolver Table:
Non-Data Actions:
android.intent.action.MAIN:
51ea7ab com.oculus.example/com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayerActivity filter 1256f18
... Ignore the rest, it's not useful
Notice the same string i used to launch with application manager in there. From here you can use adb shell am start to launch the application.