cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New "VR Object" examples ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are quite interested to start playing around with "VR Object" but failed to find any information about integrating VR objects with Unity. Any idea where I could find some information about this?
19 REPLIES 19

ferdi6785
Honored Guest
i had a question about the use of more then 1 vr objects and the 2 touch controllers, are you working on that in a future update or is it a hardware limitation? We want to use more then 1 vr object in our recent project.

Constellation
Expert Protege

mfmf said:

Update: looks like we're planning a fix for that in an upcoming integration, but it could still be a month or so out.

I got the 1.17 update yesterday and it looks like it's already fixed! Thanks!!

user042
Explorer
@Constellation
Can you maybe write a little guide what you all did to get object tracking to work?
At work, i could play a little bit around with two vive tracker. 
Really nice extensions. 
With final IK i got really easy basic body tracking to run. 
Having foot tracking is a thing i would love to see in future VR Applications.

Constellation
Expert Protege
I simply followed the VR Object section of the mixed reality setup guide from Oculus. I've paired a third Touch as a VR Object to three different systems now and it's really pretty streamlined & quick; I've not had any issues with getting it setup. To access the position and orientation of the object you'll need to use the SDK or Unity code I posted above. I'm guessing there's also a similar binding the Unreal plugin but I haven't used that yet.

user042
Explorer
Thanks 
I'm using unity. 
In which Script did you add your code?
Or did you made a new gameobject with your Script, which is the the tracked object?

Constellation
Expert Protege
I was just testing so I simply made a cube and attached a new script to it so applying the position & orientation to the "this" object will update it:
      this.transform.position = p.position;

Constellation
Expert Protege

mfmf said:

Update: looks like we're planning a fix for that in an upcoming integration, but it could still be a month or so out.

I got the 1.17 update yesterday and it looks like it's already fixed! Thanks!!

@mfmf I'm afraid there was a regression with 1.18 because this issue has come back. I wish I could downgrade to 1.17 to verify that bit AFAIK that's not possible. I was wrong to have hijacked this thread with this issue so I've started a new thread.

Anonymous
Not applicable

mfmf said:

Is the  "VR Object" tracking in unity fixed? and is 2 VR objects supported?

WITHIN_Charlie
Honored Guest
Resurfacing the topic, We're conducting some MR tests and we've successfully paired the touch as a VR object and piped the orientation and position updates into a game object to which we've parented a camera.  We're encountering something strange with position retargeting however.  When we run the game, our position jumps to -1.8 meters on the y axis. Everything else looks correct - the headset, in the same general position, returns correct positional data.  Any thoughts?

masterchop
Protege

Resurfacing the topic, We're conducting some MR tests and we've successfully paired the touch as a VR object and piped the orientation and position updates into a game object to which we've parented a camera.  We're encountering something strange with position retargeting however.  When we run the game, our position jumps to -1.8 meters on the y axis. Everything else looks correct - the headset, in the same general position, returns correct positional data.  Any thoughts?

I ma having the same problem, my VR object is a standalone object on the root of the project when i start the scene and put my controller next to the VR Obj they are not next to each other in the VR space. If you know the solution to this please let me know.