cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVROverlay.cs(385,20): error CS1501: No overload for method `CreateExternalTextur

panmaster
Expert Protege
I use Unity Unity 2017.1.0b8 (64-bit), I get error
Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVROverlay.cs(385,20): error CS1501: No overload for method `CreateExternalTexture' takes `6' arguments

I am very on the  wtf   side with solving  this,  any ideas?
19 REPLIES 19

psutter
Honored Guest
I used the line of code and 4 new errors showed up. Maybe im missing something guess im reinstalling my ovr.

mixstah
Honored Guest
This also worked for me too

andysonofbob
Heroic Explorer
Also having the same issues
Updated the two lines of code in the editor, got the 4 new errors like the poster above.

I can't see where the method is created in the file?

How to reproduce?
Start new project.
Import Custom Package --> OculusUtilities.unitypackage
Once imported
errors

DebraNinjaMulti
Honored Guest
@andysonofbob
Open up the OVROverlay.cs script, find line 385 and delete "isSrgb, " from that line. That should do it

andysonofbob
Heroic Explorer
Soz  That didnt work.

Assets/OVR/Scripts/OVROverlay.cs(385,20): error CS1501: No overload for method `CreateExternalTexture' takes `5' arguments
I also tried removing the argument from the else too.  It then gave two errors

I am also getting this error.  I seem to log in fine though...

Error loading launcher://unity/C:/Users/[SNIP]/AppData/Roaming/Unity/Packages/node_modules/unity-editor-home/dist/index.html?code=giCk8xeUP56X1XIctEW82Q00af&locale=en&session_state=b5c3f7321a9bde0d303f1d666289ef558480a2491dc7fca89e553ee7564e1db8.yaP4gRFOlLqiiAdtz9MEng01bf#/login

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am stuck on this issue as well. proposed changes just created more issues 🙂

neilsarkar
Explorer

Pinelli said:

I was having the same issue and the change mentioned above from

et = Cubemap.CreateExternalTexture(size.w, size.h, txFormat, mipLevels > 1, isSrgb, externalTex);

To

et = Cubemap.CreateExternalTexture(size.w, txFormat, mipLevels > 1, externalTex);

solved the errors on rebuild for me.

yep, this solved the issue for me as well. 

also, I opted to download oculus utilities 1.15.0 instead of the latest (1.16-beta as of this writing), so this issue might already be fixed in the latest without manual intervention.

ogwestcoast
Honored Guest
@iamtheonly Thanks For solution. Worked for me,

Richy_T
Explorer
Same issue here. All my stuff was quite out of date so now I am on the latest Oculus, Unity and Utilities. I'll try the fix but the notes say we probably shouldn't be editing these scripts so it would be nice to have it fixed properly.

Edit: Fix worked good. Looks like some kind of regression maybe?

CoderDojoBelgiu
Honored Guest
using Unity 2017.1.1f1, latest SDK, same error.
Fixed worked OK for me as well.