cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White screen before start the app with 5.6+

dreatern
Protege
After updating to 5.6.1, the app always starts with a white screen for 1, 2 seconds, not happen with 5.5+.
I have splash screen disabled, but even reactivating the app always starts with the white screen.

Building with 5.6,  5.6.1p1, 5.6.1f1, the white screen always appears.
Building with 5.5.1f1 the white screen does not appear. 

Does anyone know why ?
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
The white screen flash problem remains. It's been a couple months and all our customers hate it. When can this be fixed?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. I can send a APK. Do you need to send me a OSIG? 

Over on FB in 360 Pro group there are a few other dev's confirming this.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the update. That's a really long time to fix. Healthcare professionals and mental health patients will be very disappointed in Oculus; June-October.

drash
Heroic Explorer
Would like to chime in here to report the same issue, but on 5.6.4p2.  Doesn't happen on S6, but it does happen on S7 and have heard reports about this happening on S8.   Basic empty scene project with a cube, Oculus Utilities 1.21.    The white flash at startup is brief (maybe .2 to .5 seconds, not the 1-2 seconds reported in the OP), and is very jarring in VR.

Any update on whether the fix mentioned above is still forthcoming, or if I'm experiencing a different issue?  Thank you!

drash
Heroic Explorer

@drash

I am adding this to the previous internal task. I will update this thread when I have more info to share. Thanks for reporting this!

EDIT: looks like this bug lies with Unity--we are contacting them regarding this.

Hi, do you happen to have an update on this?  Or is the issue at least tracked so I can keep a look out for the fix without bugging you?  Many thanks!

Imeve360
Honored Guest
Any answers on this? Seeing it in our project too.

Imeve360
Honored Guest
Thanks ... what's the best way to share our project? You want Unity source or access to our beta channel binary or both?