Pre Order Shipping

Share and discuss any and all Oculus related topics.

Re: Pre Order Shipping

Postby SxKx » June 17th, 2013, 3:50 am

xiutzo wrote:Sweden, 48XXX here, arriving tomorrow according to UPS :D

Mine isn´t even on processing and I´m 470xx and Finland ... Weird :?
SxKx

Postby Mockarutan » June 17th, 2013, 4:15 am

Just go mine! 43774 :D

So awesome! The resolution is not that bad.. but having i little stomach ache before going in was not particularly good :P
Mockarutan

Postby VRMS » June 17th, 2013, 5:29 am

SxKx wrote:

205xx - still at ready :(
VRMS

Postby Huckleberry » June 17th, 2013, 7:05 am

Huckleberry wrote:
cybereality wrote:We've been working hard. The reason there have been delays with the last batch is that a large pallet of Rifts got held up in customs. There is not too much we can do about this, it's out of our control. Hopefully this will all be sorted out by the end of the week, I doubt it will be much longer than that.

Very sorry and thank you for your patience.

So, Cyber, did it get sorted by the end of the week?

Reposting this question, as there were 10 off-topic posts after it (**please try to keep posts on-topic here - a lot of people are checking this particular thread frequently).

The question was: Cyber, did the customs issue get sorted by the end of the week as you imagined it would (see above)?
Huckleberry

Postby sbnewsom » June 17th, 2013, 10:20 am

Mockarutan wrote:Just go mine! 43774 :D

So awesome! The resolution is not that bad.. but having i little stomach ache before going in was not particularly good :P

Oh come on! lol I hate seeing these random people get their product while everyone waits for any sign of actual progression. lol Last night....I had my first Rift dream. It shouldn't have been possible with how busy my life is. lol
-Stuart Bradley Newsom

HS-51XXXXX Mar 21, 2014 01:09 AM PDT
DELIVERED

Portfolio: http://sbnewsom.com
Facebook: Click Here
sbnewsom

Postby ReT » June 17th, 2013, 10:27 am

sbnewsom wrote:
Mockarutan wrote:Just go mine! 43774 :D

Oh come on! lol I hate seeing these random people get their product while everyone waits for any sign of actual progression. lol Last night....I had my first Rift dream. It shouldn't have been possible with how busy my life is. lol
haha, been there bud...and how depressing is it when you wake up and realise you still don't actually have your Rift yet? :cry:
ReT

Postby miroku000 » June 17th, 2013, 11:12 am

So, how long was it between the time they asked you to update your address and the order status switched to "processing" and the time they actually shipped it to you?

On May 28th, they asked me to update my address and around may 29th or 30th my order status updated to processing and it says they will ship my order in the next batch. I thought they were getting batches every week, but it has been almost 3 weeks from then and they have not shipped my order yet.

Are they only shipping once a month? If so, when?
miroku000

Postby blackplastick » June 17th, 2013, 11:14 am

miroku000 wrote:So, how long was it between the time they asked you to update your address and the order status switched to "processing" and the time they actually shipped it to you?

On May 28th, they asked me to update my address and around may 29th or 30th my order status updated to processing and it says they will ship my order in the next batch. I thought they were getting batches every week, but it has been almost 3 weeks from then and they have not shipped my order yet.

They claim they are having problems with customs. If so then why haven't they sent the second shipment by now? It should have only been delayed a week. I think they are feeding us a line of bullshit now.
blackplastick

Postby mkapitonov » June 17th, 2013, 11:17 am

VRMS wrote:
SxKx wrote:

205xx - still at ready :(

23xxx - Finland - SHIPPED (expected arrival - Wed. 19th)

Maybe they're shipping selectively? That'd be weird....
mkapitonov

Postby Christiaan » June 17th, 2013, 11:24 am

blackplastick wrote:
miroku000 wrote:So, how long was it between the time they asked you to update your address and the order status switched to "processing" and the time they actually shipped it to you?

They claim they are having problems with customs. If so then why haven't they sent the second shipment by now? It should have only been delayed a week. I think they are feeding us a line of bullshit now.

Shipments apparently go to three different distribution centers, globally. So if there is one batch out of China per week, each distribution center will not be seeing kits every week.
Christiaan

Postby drash » June 17th, 2013, 11:43 am

Don't worry guys, these are probably NOT Rifts: http://youtu.be/tPzRPga6uDg
drash

Postby Frito » June 17th, 2013, 11:48 am

drash wrote:Don't worry guys, these are probably NOT Rifts: http://youtu.be/tPzRPga6uDg

Hes just giving the kits the final calibration process, nothing to worry about :lol:
Backer
"Have faith." -Palmer Luckey
Frito

Postby Shockbolt » June 17th, 2013, 11:58 am

drash wrote:Don't worry guys, these are probably NOT Rifts: http://youtu.be/tPzRPga6uDg

*mischievous*

I just realized, this is the reason why the order fulfillments are so random and slow, after labeling them( probably done by the guy in the video there) only the Rift boxes that stay on the conveyor belt make it out to the customers. :twisted:
Shockbolt

Postby edpsx » June 17th, 2013, 12:28 pm

That video is hilarious. And those boxes are rift sized as well! I can almost bet you can go to any US airport and find the same idiots as well though lol. But here they would probably get yelled at and/or fired for doing it.
edpsx

Postby erick » June 17th, 2013, 12:42 pm

drash wrote:these are probably NOT Rifts: http://youtu.be/tPzRPga6uDg

I cannot believe how funny that was. Especially with the mess and extra work he was creating.
erick

Postby shanmoon » June 17th, 2013, 12:56 pm

blackplastick wrote:
miroku000 wrote:

Same boat. I got an email on the 27th to update my address and went to processing on the 28th. Still waiting...
shanmoon

Postby edulinares » June 17th, 2013, 1:25 pm

Any chance of me receiving mine on Brazil anytime soon? Order 46xxx.

I doubt they have enough orders to fill a batch to these parts...so that should not be keeping it. Oculus...please give south Americans some love will ya? :D
edulinares

Postby adriendod » June 17th, 2013, 1:35 pm

It's not random guys, EU orders from 10.000 to around 46.000 are being fulfilled. US batch is stuck but you'll probably get your order soon.. Some European countries are left out of the EU batch though...

I think they started shipping bigger batches at a slower rate to cut cost, these batches are huge compared to the kickstarter ones
adriendod

Postby edulinares » June 17th, 2013, 2:31 pm

Well...if they are doing like that...it wouldn`t hurt to send units for countries where order numbers are so low they can`t fill decent batches. They could just get those out of the way while they fill the huge batches that will save them real money on shipment.

But it`s their call....I don`t wanna look like I`m trying to get ahead of the line. In the end it`s just exciting to see they are picking up some speed and so many people are receiving their kits.
edulinares

Postby cybereality » June 17th, 2013, 2:39 pm

No, there is no update on customs.

To be honest, we don't know how much longer it could take.

Lets just all wish for the best.
Oculus - Community Manager
cybereality
Team Oculus Team Oculus

Return to “Oculus General Discussion”