I finally got around to finishing a new iteration of Blocked In. It took some time, since I also had to get it Vive version ready. Other then that I have been hard at work on other dioramas and Dear Pigeon Man. Visit http://www.dearpigeonman.com
for a sneakpeek
or follow me on my FB page: http://www.facebook.com/shoeboxdiorama
. Gear versions are also in the works.
But let's talk about Blocked In. The update includes:
- Realtime Shadows in the handpainted environment (courtesy of Tim Moelard from The Virtual Dutchmen)
- Progression structure. A new view will unlock after you've spend 5 minutes in the first view. It's hard for visitors to relax for more then 5 minutes, this way I hope people will be motivated to stay in a view longer. But do tell me your thoughts.
- Menu navigation is more efficient.
- Fixed a lot of geometry problems, reworked a lot of textures. Known issues:
- Some texture issues in the main menu miniatures.
- Popping transparant texture in the 3rd view.
- Shadows can be glitchy (Seems to be a Unity 5.2 issue)
- Options menu is taken out for now, will be put in later.
- No return to menu button yet.
You can download it from here:http://www.theshoeboxdiorama.com/downlo ... 150916.zip
Note that this is not the "releasable" version so there probably will be some errors.
You can recenter the view by pressing any button and you'll need the 0.7.0 runtime drivers.
Please give your heartfelt feedback or if you are going to Oculus Connect find me there at the buffet table and tell me it personally!