Lorryrider

Share your completed Oculus-ready projects with the community.

Lorryrider

Postby Nerdling » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:17 am

An adrenalin filled ride through a long abandoned cave system à la Indiana Jones 2. Cristal caves, an underground jungle and forgotten ruins await you. Don’t forget to put on your headphones!

This is our first OculusRift-Project, we look forward to your feedback.

Controls:
Arrow up – Start
Arrow down – Stop/Resume
R – Restart track
ESC – End program

Downloadlink for PC and OSX:
http://www.futurecom.ch/oculus-rift-lorry-ride
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nerdling

Re: Lorryrider

Postby planb » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:12 am

Nice ride...i like it ;-). Thx for your good work.
planb

Postby Fluke » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:44 am

Nice, I enjoyed that :)

Couple of things though - in a couple of place (one of them very obvious) your viewpoint clips straight through a hanging vine. It just snaps you out of the moment when stuff like that happens.

At another point, my entire viewpoint clipped through a rock archway. I'm not sure if you're using the measurements from the Oculus Config Util, but if you are, you might want to actually set a fixed height for the viewpoint so those of us who are taller don't lose our heads ;)

The only other thing is that some of the turns of the cart felt a bit sharp, and could do with smoothing out.

Overall though I liked it, and it's now on my list of demos to show people.
Fluke

Postby FictionX » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:26 am

Would you mind making a Linux build? X86 +X86_64 (Universal), please.. I really enjoy these types of VR Rides.
FictionX

Postby Nerdling » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:48 am

FictionX wrote:Would you mind making a Linux build? X86 +X86_64 (Universal), please.. I really enjoy these types of VR Rides.

The Linux build is online. :D But we have no Linux for testing. We look forward to your feedback.
Last edited by Nerdling on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nerdling

Postby Nerdling » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:53 am

Fluke wrote:Nice, I enjoyed that :)

Couple of things though - in a couple of place (one of them very obvious) your viewpoint clips straight through a hanging vine. It just snaps you out of the moment when stuff like that happens.

At another point, my entire viewpoint clipped through a rock archway. I'm not sure if you're using the measurements from the Oculus Config Util, but if you are, you might want to actually set a fixed height for the viewpoint so those of us who are taller don't lose our heads ;)

The only other thing is that some of the turns of the cart felt a bit sharp, and could do with smoothing out.

Overall though I liked it, and it's now on my list of demos to show people.

Thanks for your feedbacks. The new build is online and should be better now. ;)
Nerdling

Postby FictionX » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:11 am

Thank you!

Except for the fact that my PC is struggling a bit to keep an acceptable framerate, it works perfectly in Linux.
(most Unity projects do - usually the only problems are with the xbox controller, which is mapped differently in Linux and Mac than it is in Windows)

Very nice experience... a couple of early Tomb Raider-esk scenarios, and the cart looks very reach-out-and-touchable :-) . This could be a cool sequence in an adventure game!
FictionX

Postby drash » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi! Would love to try this, but it's not often that I see a 6 hour download time (edit: it just failed after downloading a mere 7MB) -- any chance you could host the file in another location as well?
drash

Postby s0uL » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:21 pm

Oooh nice will check out tonight when I get home.
s0uL

Postby dotorg » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:02 am

drash wrote:Hi! Would love to try this, but it's not often that I see a 6 hour download time (edit: it just failed after downloading a mere 7MB) -- any chance you could host the file in another location as well?

It might've been a fluke, or something about where you are. I downloaded it this morning and it took less than a minute.

Very cool demo, great graphics. It really drove home, though, that my poor PC is just not fast enough.
dotorg

Postby Nerdling » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:08 am

We have now also some US-Mirrors for the Download. Hope it works now better. ;)
Nerdling

Postby VRoom » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:29 am

Another: no love for us with 32bit win? ;)
VRoom

Postby natemo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:02 am

VRoom wrote:Another: no love for us with 32bit win? ;)

at least your not using a mac :D
natemo

Postby VRoom » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:58 am

I hear you :) I guess demos like this will finally push me to upgrade to 64-bit :)
VRoom

Return to “Oculus Showcase”