Bungee is an experiment using Unity Engine in order to test the Virtual Reality experience using Oculus Rift. This is my first development for Oculus, so I know that there are a lot to improve. I had no chance to test the demo widely, but from the reactions of the few testers, it is recommended that you stand up
while you are trying. When you are ready to jump, just test this on your own. I don't have very strong sounds right now, but in order to feel more of the jump, it is recommended to try this with headphones
- Some animations for environment is added (Birds and moving boat).
- Sound improved a bit.
- No more vegetation on the terrain, they ridiculously decreases the performance.
- Performance increased a lot. (It is highly recommended that you run application with your GPU)
- Image effects added.
- Camera now rotates and shakes as the player body rotates.
- Fixed skybox problem (Manual skybox added since interestingly enough OVRCamera does not support default Unity Skyboxes)
- Press [R] to jump again.v0.1
- Initial ReleaseDownload for Windows here (v0.3): http://goo.gl/5jttxvDownload for Mac OSX here (v0.3): http://goo.gl/63IDby (not yet tested)v0.1 Windows: http://goo.gl/gzyvOI
v.01 Mac OSX: http://goo.gl/4k614M
I hope you like my first attempt on developing for Oculus Rift.
Any kind of feedback is appreciated and evaluated for the next release. I would like to hear your ideas about how to improve such a demo.