Visit Dreadhalls' website at: http://dreadhalls.com
Dreadhalls is a scary dungeon crawler for the Oculus Rift, inspired by the roguelike genre and games such as Dungeon Master or Eye of the Beholder. Your objective is to explore the dungeon and find the exit while avoiding being discovered by the creatures that dwell in it.
Download for DK2 (v1.4), DK1 (v1.2):
Update 1.4 Changelist:
- - Integration with latest OculusVR SDK (0.4.4)
- Support for Direct To Rift mode
- Mac version is also available
- Small very tiny fixes
- - Integration with latest OculusVR SDK (0.4.1)
- Added support for positional tracking
- - Integration with latest OculusVR SDK (0.2.25)
- Added antialiasing
- Fixed graphical artifacts (specially visible on the map)
- The map now highlights the area you have actually explored
- Fixed infinite running bug when using the gamepad (now gamepad users will get tired just like keyboard users)
- You will now last a bit longer when running, specially if running away from some creature
- Picking up objects should be a bit easier now
- Other fixes and adjustments
- - Fixed a bug that caused the ghost girls to become unresponsive, and could provoke random crashes.
- - You can now tilt your head to peek around corners.
- Added atmospheric fog to some of the rooms.
- Escape key no longer throws you directly into the desktop.
- Oil should be easier to come by now, but you'll still run out of it if you don't explore.
- You'll now tire sooner when running, but you will last a bit more if you're being chased.
- Ghost girls won't spawn on top of each other now.
- Adjusted ghost girls spawn rates, and other small fixes.
- Adjusted chase sound volume and duration.
- Coins should be easier to collect now.
- Fixed typos in the collectable notes.
- Other bugfixes and parameter tweaks.
(Untested Mac version: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4BcoZilPtNBSHl3RlZvMVg2dk0/edit?usp=sharing)
(Untested Mac version: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4BcoZilPtNBbWxYbmZzZTFta0E/edit?usp=sharing)
Original message and screenshots:
So I've been working the past days in my entry for the VRJam, and I figured I could share some of the progress with you.
Dreadhalls is a scary / horror dungeon crawler, inspired both by the roguelike genre and the dungeon crawlers of the good old days (Eye of the Beholder et al). You wake up in a scarcely lit dungeon, without any weapons, and your objective is to escape from it. That would be easy if not for the things that go bump in the dark, of course
As I said, you have no weapons, so the gameplay involves stealthly exploring the dungeon and finding the exit while avoiding being seen by the creatures in it.
Since I haven't much time for making different levels and whatnot, I've opted for coding a procedural level generator, in the hopes that it can give the game more replayability.
Hope you'll like it!
Edit: Changed the name
Edit: Added download links
Edit: Update v1.1