cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus setup tool can't connect to server

AlanLiu
Explorer
It displays "Looks like we can't reach the Oculus server. Please check your connection.". I'm in China. Does Oculus limit the countries/regions which can connect to server.
55 REPLIES 55

RS_3
Honored Guest
it's definitely not a regional problem: had  the same issue here in NYC.
Turning off Windows firewall solved the problem for me. Running windows 10.

AlanLiu
Explorer
Thank you for replying. My case is due to DNS cache pollution. I modified "hosts" file to solve the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can u tell me How ?! 

AlanLiu
Explorer
Add "31.13.95.61       graph.oculus.com" to the end of "hosts" file.

izudragonov
Honored Guest
I've been on with customer support for a while with this issue. I've changed the hosts file disabled the firewall, flushed the DNS cache, whitelisted the program on my antivirus, disabled my antivirus, run as administrator, reinstalled my NIC card driver, updated all of my existing drivers, tried running it in compatibility mode. None of these things work. Seriously pissed right now!

Pavlienko
Honored Guest
the same problem, and i don't know how to fix that

groundzero
Honored Guest
Just had this issue today. For me the problem was that i didnt have enough space free on my c drive, but it still gives the "cant connect" error. You need ~5G free

arwenlwc
Explorer
I am having the same problem. still can't reach the oculus server after I cleaned the dns, modified the hosts file, turned off the firewall....

nikopol
Honored Guest

Just had this issue today. For me the problem was that i didnt have enough space free on my c drive, but it still gives the "cant connect" error. You need ~5G free

Thanks !
Dear Oculus Support, please change this misleading error message..