cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Check Your Setup" CV1 External Camera "Searching Windows Update..."

Infinite
Honored Guest
Hi. I cannot install the CV1. The Oculus software is stuck in a loop on "Check Your Setup". I cannot get out of this mode to check any settings or hardware statuses. I'm certain the external tracking camera is also not installed correctly.

I can also see in Device Manager CV1 External Camera a yellow triangle with the exclamation mark. When I force Uninstal I get CV1 External Camera "Searching Windows Update..." Windows is stuck trying to get the driver. It eventually fails with No driver found. But it doesn't matter as I cannot do anything else because Oculus is stuck at "Check Your Setup" page.

Where can I download the CV1 External Camera driver?

In the past I have installed a multiple DK1's, multiple DK2's, GearVR, multiple VIVE's and VIVE Pre. The CV1 so far has been a nightmare to get working. I haven't seen many others with this bug.

What causes this "Check Your Setup" software loop. How do I get out of it? There is no back button or settings button. No icon tray to back end settings. I've I'm struggling with this as a developer, how the hell are consumers going to manage?

Why can't Windows find the driver?

I have updated Win7 to the latest patches, I've downloaded the latest Fresco USB3 drivers. I've tried USB2 and USB3. I've tried to uninstall Oculus and re-install only to be greeted once again with "Check Your Setup"

Can anyone help?

http://www.ir-ltd.net/uploads/checkyoursetup.jpg

_________________________________________________ I N F I N I T E www.ir-ltd.net
44 REPLIES 44

Infinite
Honored Guest
Even if the external camera and headset is unplugged, guess what.. "Check Your Setup"!!!
_________________________________________________ I N F I N I T E www.ir-ltd.net

Infinite
Honored Guest
Any help on this would be most appreciated. How do I get out of the "Check Your Setup" loop.  A ticket has also been filed with no response.

Thank you.

cybereality
Grand Champion
To pass that step, you have to look inside the headset. Is there not anything showing up on the screen?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Infinite
Honored Guest
Thanks for the reply.

Yes. If I put the headset on (bare in mind there is no light on the CV1 tracking camera) It says "Set Your View in VR" etc etc If I press the button on the remote control it then says "Remove your headset, your sensor isn't tilted the right way" Etc Ad infinitum. TO clarify the CV1 external camera is pointed right at the headset when on at the correct distance but I am certain it's not installed correctly.

On the PC... "Check your Setup". It is stuck in this nasty loop. There is no way I can get access to any settings. Why am I locked out?

If the CV1 external camera is unplugged and there is no headset attached... "Check your Setup" when I run Oculus.exe.

How can I find the drivers for the CV1 External Camera? Windows cannot get them.

Infinite
Honored Guest
Is there someway I can completely remove the Oculus install and start from scratch? i.e. re-configure everything step by step? Perhaps removing registry settings?

If I uninstall Oculus and reinstall Oculus. When I run Oculus.exe I go straight back to "Check Your Setup"

cybereality
Grand Champion
The sensor drivers are installed as part of the setup. I would try disabling any anti-virus on your computer first. Another thing to try is to switch USB ports (try on a USB 2.0 port maybe). I've also attached what I think is the latest sensor driver. Can you try running that installer and see if it helps at all?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Infinite
Honored Guest
Thanks. I've disabled anti virus. I've tried USB2.0. I just installed the OculusRiftSensorDriver.msi. It doesn't seem to add any cab files or physical driver files anywhere? Device Manager needs to point to the drivers. Windows tries to search online with no joy.

This still doesn't explain the bug with "Check Your Setup" Why is there no settings button, icon or back button? Why is there no tray icon like on the DK2? I'm totally locked out of the Oculus setup. Why has it been designed this way?

Is there anyway I can remove Oculus totally from my PC and retry the setup procedure? Anyway to get access to that process again?

Infinite
Honored Guest
Despite the "Check Your Setup" issue. Drivers are still no go http://www.ir-ltd.net/uploads/loop.jpg

Eventually it will say failed to install drivers..

Infinite
Honored Guest
Even after OculusRiftSensorDriver.msi - http://www.ir-ltd.net/uploads/nodriver.jpg

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?