cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Movies on the CV1

thegrogster
Honored Guest
Is there a player available that will wrestle control of the CV1 away from the Oculus Home software? I wanted to watch a side-by-side 3D movie with it to test and I can't figure out how. All the software I used for the DK doesn't seem to work because when I put the headset on the Oculus Home app pops up.
20 REPLIES 20

jusbott
Expert Protege
Virtual desktop

sparkie14
Expert Protege
Im using the video playaer in oculus home and it works great.  Open a new folder in my videos and name it 3D all my 3d videos go in there and they do not need to be renamed or anything and they show in oculus video with a 3d tab on them..

DriftVR
Honored Guest

sparkie14 said:

Im using the video playaer in oculus home and it works great.  Open a new folder in my videos and name it 3D all my 3d videos go in there and they do not need to be renamed or anything and they show in oculus video with a 3d tab on them..

So I can see 3D, but in 2D cinema screen. And how to make 360 or 180 degrees?

sparkie14
Expert Protege
You can see 3d movies like this  cinema but you cannot watch them 360.  Not really looked into 360 videos as the resolution isn't quite there for me yet.

Imeleon
Expert Protege
It would have to have been filmed in 360 to play in 360. 
For those videos you add _360 to the file name. 

StreetPreacher
Adventurer
Is there anyway to playback 3D BluRay using the rift?  Or are we still forced to re-encode everything to a Side By Side format to use the Oculus Home (lame) Video Player?

I've watched some 3D movie samples on a Google Cardboard & HTC One (1920x1080) and didn't mind the slightly low resolution, but then again I've been happy with a 720p 3D DLP Projector on a 106" screen for the past 6 years 😉

Mwilliams78
Expert Protege
Download whirligig  it was updated for 1.3 and works with dk2 or cv1. It can play 3d videos or 360 videos and has many options to play with. It's also free.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Virtual Desktop

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer
Virtual Desktop is the way to go. 3D movies look better then Oculus Cinema, in my opinion.