cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alien isolation CV1 and Vorpx Topic

NjayNL
Protege
Hi All,

i can confirm AI works with the latest vorpx and the cv1.

only a few issues remain:

• FOV when setting to 100 it seems you are to high up in the air
  • When you move your head left or right the image tends to bend a bit
  • Need to overide xbox controller otherwise headtracking will not work

If more folks can test this and post there settings and results here i am sure we are going to have a good experience with the cv1
22 REPLIES 22

Tannhaeuser
Honored Guest
Have my CV1 since yesterday and want to get lost in one more game. 😉 So this Vorpx is mandatory to get AI working on the Rift? Never heard from that software before.

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
I've been trying it out, it does work with VorpX and a DK2 but I need to tinker with my settings more. I think the bending of the image when turning is because the FOV is slightly wrong.

mambo1888
Rising Star
Had another shot using VorpX and the DK2 after seeing your post. Its working better now with the Override Xbox Controller on. The buttons are a bit messed up now it seems. I changed the FOV to 100 and reduced the zoom to 90%, its quite good but dont think I could play through a whole game this way, it was quite disorientating and think I would constantly be getting lost. I never played AI using the built in rift mode so cant compare it to that but would like to hear if someone has tried both and can tell me how they compare.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Someone on the Oculus Reddit has started work on a wrapper for runtimes lower than 1.3. He has sorted out 0.8 and 0.7 so far, but not too sure if he's going to be able to go all the way back to 0.33(?) and extended mode though. Probably not I reckon.

Here's a link to his thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4h4afy/libovrwrapper_11_07_support_added/

What he's done so far allows you to run 0.8 and 0.7 games and demos on your CV1 which is cool. There's A LOT of stuff that you can't play using 1.3.

NjayNL
Protege
Awesome news ! 

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
I did use the built in rift mode when Alien Isolation was first released. It had some annoying problems - excessive stereo separation made everything appear too small and when using a computer terminal it would appear uncomfortably close, right on your nose. So using VorpX it is actually more playable than before.

NjayNL
Protege
Did you manage to remove the bending ? Which resolution do you run ?

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
No the bending is still there, I'm using a 110 degree fov. Resolution is 960x1080.

NjayNL
Protege
did you adjust the games egine.xml ? can you share yours? so i can see it here?