Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

{SOLVED} Very strange problem with CV1 headset display

aszeto68
Honored Guest
Please watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ILeYAmAsYY

what can possibly cause this?

no other issues(a few sensor/hdmi disconnects here and there but almost always when i'm not using it)

more info:
clean install of Windows 10 pro(was on win8.1 pro same thing)
PCIE usb 3 card with Fresno Logic chipset latest drivers(motherboard usb3 ports incompatible, usb2 ports same symptoms)
MSI GTX 970 with latest or older drivers(also tried an old Asus 660ti same deal)
HDMI plugged either directly into vid card HDMI port or into HDMI to DVI adapter

i don't know what else to try.  Would appreciate any comments or ideas.

7 REPLIES 7

xSTONEMANx
Expert Protege
Please describe what issues you are having?

aszeto68
Honored Guest
okay i'll try.

as shown in the video, the monitor view shows what the viewer should see in their headset when they move their head, right?
well, the problem is i'm NOT seeing this in my headset. Look closely while in the headset view the only thing that moves is the white targeting dot when i move the headset. the background remains static.

i guess you can call it an absence of headtracking.

aszeto68
Honored Guest
here's a better video:

https://youtu.be/lLI5sQpPztg

the first half shows what's on the monitor, the second half shows what i see in my headset. see the problem?

ClassicGOD
Protege
Everything looks fine to mee, you tilt the headset, view in the headset tilts as it should, (from the point of view of the user the icons are hovering in a static position in space). 
The advent of computers and the subsequent accumulation of incalculable data has given rise to a new system of memory and thought, parallel to your own. Humanity has underestimated the consequences of computerization.

aszeto68
Honored Guest

Everything looks fine to mee, you tilt the headset, view in the headset tilts as it should, (from the point of view of the user the icons are hovering in a static position in space). 

but shouldn't what i see in the headset match what is shown on my monitor(and it clearly doesn't)?

xSTONEMANx
Expert Protege
From what I can see everything looks to be as it should .

aszeto68
Honored Guest
well folks, the "problem" is in fact  not a problem but a misunderstanding on my part. all's well now. thanks for listening.